Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Scaling a named group

Hello

I'm having trouble scaling a group of objects -- some of the components scale and some don't, and I get tweening errors.

It's a really simple picture, some identical trees and some identical rushes, all in one named group. When I copy the frame and resize the group, some trees scale and others don't!

I don't understand this, can anyone help?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: Scaling a named group

Xarb,

I changed to an 8Mb connection yesterday that comes complete with a Internet Explorer modified browser. I've just spent 20 minutes with my one fingered typing replying to you're problems only to have the browser freeze on me on posting (and not for the first time !!!)

So it's back to Firefox and I'm afraid I can't retype it all again. I attach a redrawn file that works.

Briefly, if you're tweening avoid lines. If you want lines, convert line to shape.

Create your objects in a seperate xar file. When your happy ungroup as many times as you can. Convert to editable shapes. Ensure line widths are NONE. Group and Name. Import into your animation.

This helps avoid these obscure error messages.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

At one point I was having a terrible time with animated ornaments...the balls moved but the highlights lagged behind.

My problem turned out to be that the ball group had been named BEFORE I put the highlights on and grouped it.

While Xara recognized it as a group, I could drag, resize, etc., Flash didn't consider the highlight to be part of the named item.

Drove me nuts...

This is a really nice drawing, by the way. Love your colors. I can't wait to see the finished project!
    ---
    Will
    Last edited by WolfMoonHP; 19 December 2006 at 04:31 AM.
    IP

Thanks very much guys!! Esp. to Egg for redrawing it so that it works :-)

I was working on something bigger but simply couldn't understand why it wouldn't scale. The drawing I attached was just quickly knocked up to demonstrate the problem. If I finish it I'll let you know. Or maybe I'll share my animation of Santa transmitting his message to a satellite receiving station ;-)
    IP