Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Flash preloader... SQF page forwarding...

Another faux pre-loader ...

Attached Files Attached Files
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

"SWF files Stream. They continue to load the whole swf file even if the first frame has a stop action"

EGG, The 1st page of my seven page "site" in SWF has a photo, 550x350, some 57k. You're saying I should make that my second page, and put a 1st page with a fake rectangle on it that says generically, "here comes the picture!"?

What happens is that on loading, you just get a white internet explorer page, like the site may not be up, and then seconds later, the site just pops up, fully loaded. From what youre saying, the site should load that 1st picture, ( which doesnt take 3 seconds to load) immediately, and load the rest in the background. In practice, it appears like it wants to load the whole swf into memory 1st, then play it. Of course, you know better than I.

In my experience ( again, I defer to you as I am probably wrong ), the whole flash site loads while you see the "loading" preloader, then in a few seconds, bang, everything is there and operational.

Anyway, your file is interesting. The drawing is behind the photo, and the photo takes longer than the drawing to load. Therefore, the drawing is loaded 1st, then when the photo finally loads, it covers the "preloader" drawing...

Shall try.

And now that I know there's a flash group, I'll post these there.

Egg, one day I'll need to get your mailing address so I can send you a bottle of Knockando or something.

EDIT: OK, I tried putting a rectangle under the picture that loads on the 1st frame of my SWF. ( I have a background with nav buttons, then frame 1 with a picture, then frames 2-7 with various text and 3 more pictures ). It did nothing for the loading-- you do not see my "loading" rectangle immediately, followed by the picture when all is loaded. Instead, after 3, 3.5 seconds, you just see -blam- the whole site all at once. It's almost as if it is not streaming, and, in fact, internet exporer is just downloading the whole swf, then when it's in cache, displayes page 1. Any other ideas? I think what I need to do ( and I dont know why your idea, EGG, is inefectual here) is do 2 separate SWF, no? I need to find out more about the _level command maybe.
    Last edited by Tallis; 19 December 2006 at 03:06 PM.
    IP

aridzone:

I couldnt find through various mutations of search any javascript to preload swf at the site you mentioned.

I haven't gotten anywhere with Han's _level idea yet, so searched more on the javascript angle and did find this-

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/s...t=Alphabetical

and the 1st choice seems believable-

http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/s...=3536&lngWId=2

I'll try it.
    IP

Hi Tallis,

It can soon become very difficult to follow what's happening with your mini site without viewing it or having the source xar files. If you pm me I'll send you my email address and perhaps you could send me your xar files?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Sorry about that. Got wordy in my excitement. Sure.
    IP

Here is a link to one of their preloaders that I have used and it works very well. It will preload all types of files. You can also build a page around it.http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...eloadimage.htm
    IP

thanks arid,

i tried the one you referenced, and also the II version under it in the list of picture effects... Neither seem to work after following the directions, but I'll tinker.

I think it's because I use a javascript to load the swf ( to avoid the ie7 -click here to activate this flash move- thing ), and now I'm trying to use javascript to preload something I already was loading with javascript....

I should just keep the javascript preloader you reference, and just load the swf through the code that xara's animation export html page gives.

------code i'm using to load swf, separate from the preloader topic

<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
    <div id="id5699">
    Loading Flash movie...
    </div>

<script type="text/javascript">
    var so5699 = new SWFObject("website.swf", "movie5699", "850", "550", "6", "#FFFFFF");
    so5699.addParam("loop", "true");
    so5699.write("id5699");
    </script><!-- ***** END OF ANIMATION CODE ***** -->
    Last edited by Tallis; 20 December 2006 at 05:15 AM.
    IP

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24874

take look here for another way to deal with IE(clicktoactivate)

If using more js.script(in the htmlfile) they might conflict and fail

Gr.Hans
    IP

thanks haakoo- will try. i will use that and revert to calling the flash via the html code produced along with the xara animation export.

i did indeed have 2 (competing?) xxxxx.js files referenced in my main html page, perhaps that's why the preloader never really worked-- neither version I,II of the above link.

either it would load ( after a blank page and a 3-4 second pause) , or the preloader would load and would never hook into the next page. i triple checked all the references to pages and calling javascripts...

thanks again, and will continue with the next attempt...
    IP

Conflict can and will be fixed.
    It's usually the body ONLOAD event handler.
    Resolving this conflict is simple.

EXAMPLE #1:
    SCRIPT 1: <body onload="dothis()">
    SCRIPT 2: <body onload="dothat()">
    RESOLUTION: <body onload="dothis();dothat()">

EXAMPLE #2:
    SCRIPT 1: <body onload="dothis()">
    SCRIPT 2: window.onload=dothat()
    RESOLUTION: <body onload="dothis();dothat()">

EXAMPLE #3:
    SCRIPT 1: window.onload=dothis
    SCRIPT 2: window.onload=dothat