Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Flash preloader... SQF page forwarding...

I'm wincing and ducking my head as I imagine an anti-flash-websiter going towards my noggen with a ruler for asking this...

But what the heck, pro has flash built in now, and I"m just on a drunken idea-rampage. Figuratively. Mostly.

I made a small EGG-like website, ALA flashsite.R.crap.xar posted a bit back. It's all pretty with colors and buttons, with seven whole navigation pages.

I notice since there are a couple of photos in it too, that it loads a bit slowly on the web. The photos are optimized, and I really dont want to remove them, so there's a 3 second wait til the page loads.

Even so, 3 seconds is a lifetime on the web, and Id like to have a little preloader. So that means I need to design another animation sfw, but also get both to load at the same time, somehow. The loader first, displaying its little "just a second" message, graphically, and my exported SWF at the same time, in the background, then display when its ready.

How the heck do I do that, get 2 swf to load at once.

My html is simply a page that references the swf I exported, gives it dimensions, give the page a background color, that's it as far as html is concerened.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Tallis; 18 December 2006 at 07:57 PM. Reason: customary spelling mistakes
    IP