Hi Todder,

I do believe you have described the typical Mac user, as I know them.

They do not want the typical computer so they pay more for the Mac. "After all it cost more so it must be better" said with the typical nose up in the air attitude .

Don't give them too many choices of programs to run on the Mac, it confuses them.

A web browser and a sound editing program are the primary programs the Mac users I know will ever use. They are musically inclined and want to use the Mac as a fully functional sound studio with multi-trac digital recording ability. They don't care that the sound editing software cost twice as much as the Mac

The corporate users where I work that have requested to have Mac computers want only two applications. 1. A web browser. 2. A page layout program (no real software to create graphics, just something to push them around on a page.)

All kidding aside Mac users are not typically interested in program development. I have met Unix developers, Linux developers, Windows developers, even Main Frame developers; but never a Mac developer. Are they all sequestered away somewhere? Or, are they a myth?

When the Mac used the Motorola 68000 processor (my favorite processor to develope assembly code) the OS was flakey at best for development. Since those days in the early 1980s they have made too many changes in hardware and OS for some developers to stay with them.