Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T Shirt Design

Default T Shirt Design

Just a quick question here for those who have experience in using "Iron Transfers", will this design print onto a WHITE Tshirt. Did a picture using all of this design here and more and the client was so happy with the framed picture that she asked if it could be done on a black T shirt which I said no, so she agreed to a white one.

The design was taken off a Computer Arts tatoo design tutorial with little colour but I am not telling the client that! If anyone can help i would appreciate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fish2.jpg 
Views:	689 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	32912  
    Design is thinking made visual.

Default Re: T Shirt Design

Yes, that would look great on a T. I've done many shirts with iron ons and they come out great. The best way to do it is to take an exacto knife and cut around the design so it leaves less of an edge from the transfer. I usually put a dotted line around the image before I print it to make the cutting easier.

Hope this helps.

Danny

PS. You could also do it on a black t-shirt if you cut around the image like I mentioned above. It would leave a white outline on it unless you cut it really close to the image itself
    Last edited by dduran; 05 December 2006 at 03:07 PM.

Albacore,
    WOW! Awesome design/drawing! If only I had your creativity.
    ron

Like your design too. Good stuff.

Remi

Hi Albacore,
    there is a transfer paper for home printers that are made for Dark T-shirts I don't know how good it is tho' I got some at Staples here in surrey Canada.
    Jim

Very cool design. I particularly like the detail of the swirling circle in the center of the Koi's forehead!

Lorks sort of mystical.

Sort of makes me wonder if I might not be ready for another tattoo.
    ---
    Will

Steady om Will don't take it that far. Thanks genrlemen for your comments and thanks Danny for the instructions, I will try your idea of putting a white border around the design and see how that looks.

That wd. be excellent on black or white t-shirt. Remember to reverse image before printing on white but not black. I've done loads of both and still forget - really anoying if you have any text. And use iron as hot as possible. I find the dark coloured shirts come out best. Rymans or WHSmith own brands are fine. as is www.choicestationery.com (free p&p)

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    The design was taken off a Computer Arts tatoo design tutorial with little colour but I am not telling the client that! If anyone can help i would appreciate

Hmm you read the mag too, I think the mag if funny sometimes.
    In the regular mag they state that record designs is on the decline and then
    they do a record design projects mag? Very weird, but it is still a good
    source of inspiration sometimes.
    Not enough Xara coverage thou.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

Hi Ankhor,
    I totally agree with your comment the last tutorial about Xara was a Nick Kane Aston Martin which went down a storm with the readers if the forum was any thing to go by. Also their instructions with their tutorials leave alot to be desired. For along time also their tuts were awfully arty farty and you could never use them in the real world of design but recently they are slightly more down to earth and their ideas are quite user friendly.