Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotrod Fender

Default Hotrod Fender

Love old classics and ones with flames, always have drooled at car shows I've been to over the artistry involved.

Hope you enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HotRod Fender.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	33401  
    Last edited by sallybode; 18 December 2006 at 06:38 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Default Re: Hotrod Fender

Yesterday a flaming sheep and now a flaming car ... is there something we should know?

A good, clean drawing, Sally - and the headlamp is exceptionally well done, you spent some time over that.

Time well spent.

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Nice work Sally

It must have taken you ages to get the light on the fender just right and it makes the fender, well worth the hard slog.
    Whizz Kid "Or so he says"

Very nice Sally.
    ron

This is terrific..

Your eye for perspective here is startling. The fender's shape is very complicated and I can only imagine the concentration required to bring it out in shading and hilite. With your permission, I would like to keep a copy of this for study.

I hope you will not object if I point out the the near point of the fender flame is not as well integrated (not as much a part of what it sits on) as the rest. Partly, it is the flare. If it were one shade 'inside' the shape of the flame and another where it bounces off the fender, it would not stand out as much but would, as it does on the hood, enhance the sense that the flame is "on" the fender.

I apologize if I have prattled (i actually had to edit this post down to elide what might be considered 'fulsome' praise), but I do admire the execution here.

very impressed,

geo.
    “Beauty consists in a certain luster and proportion” - Aquinas

Sometimes you have to go back in and readjust because my original scan was at 600 dpi but Xara wasn't fond of that much pixel data so I down sampled to and reduced the height and width twice to gain computing power back. In the interim, the bitmap was no longer as precise. So looking now from the original which I scanned (and BTW, it is the cover off a prospectus my company received to promote a service bureau -- that is a printer's printer -- this is only a detail view of the front fender and half a grill.

I am overall pleased with the outcome. The Xara file actually has better color after comparing to the original to the downsampled scan.

Xara isn't ordinary software. It is amazing. There is no way I know of to do this in another program bar none at any price.

I would have posted a .png as that was amazingly clear, but whereas there are members still on dial-up.... what can I say, you have to pay a bit to make the experience worth it. Never disappointed with upgrading my connection speed. What can I say, it is addictive.

Learned so much from the members here. I have posted the Xara file for you to enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HotRod Fender Details.jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	33433  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sallybode; 19 December 2006 at 06:54 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Really nice composition, I like pictures of cars that don't show all of the car, if that makes sence. As Raymond stated you must have spent time on the drawing and it works.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Primo!

the changes all work. the change to the fender flare brings out the leveling contour at the front.

really good.

geo.
    “Beauty consists in a certain luster and proportion” - Aquinas

Excellent artistry, Sally. Hotrods and flames...lot of old memories
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Another classic Sally.