Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help with curved text in PSP8

Quote Originally Posted by TheTransporter View Post
    parahandy,

I just joined this forum and was going to ask the same question regarding curved text. Am I able to do what you did in example "A" with PSP 10? Our church's website is at http://freegrace.ca and I wanted to alter our logo that contains curved text along the circle so that the text on the bottom is not upside down.
    I do not know if it can be done in PSP it does not seem to have the ability to do so, (Unless someone out there knows better) It can be done with Xara as you see with a bit of huffing and puffing. Sorry I cannot be more of a help.

Norman
    IP

As you can see the inner Chilliwack B C can be done easily enough so given a clear background the outside lower could be done I think in the same way
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Williwack.png 
Views:	592 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	33499  
    IP

The secret to creating bottom text on the inside curve is:

Using Layers:

Make a new drawing
    Make a new Vector Ellipse1
    Use Text Tool to Align on the outside of Vector Ellipse 1

(1) Copy the Vector Ellipse from the First Layer
    (2) Paste the Vector Ellipse as a New Layer
    (3) Go to Image Menu and click "FLIP."
    (4) Type in your text on the bottom Vector Ellipse2 and it will appear on the inside.

note: when you "FLIP" the ellipse will jump a bit, just use the move tool to re-align it over the original Vector Ellipse1.

You can Make Perfect Circles by holding down the shift key when drawing the ellipse.

here's a small flash file that will give a visual. Kind of in a hurry to make it look good, have to drive some Carolers around.

http://mccluer.name/texttobottom.html
    Last edited by jamesmc; 21 December 2006 at 10:35 AM. Reason: improved SWF presentation
    IP

Thank you James for taking over on this. I was a bit out of my depth in PSP .
    The reason I pop in to help is more to let "Newbies" (How I haste that term) know that someone cares. They don't always get replies to their pleas for help.
    Nice to see you on the forum we don't see as much of your posts as we used to.
    Norman.
    IP

I have just found the
    is group and Registered to help with this problem But then found 2 lots of pages and Jamesmac Has answered. The problem is that its text on a path, and we normally create a path left to right top to bottom. The text at the bottom is still following the path. But we can by means of the Right click context menu in PSP when the Vector object is selected "reverse the path".

or we could grab the right hand side of the object and drag it across so that its now the left hand side , dragging inside out so as to say I prefer revers path.
    For text top and bottom we do need two path's if you want both the right way up.
    PSP 9 added further complications for some with its new Rectangle , ellipse and systematic Vector shapes. they look like the preset shapes but don't contain a path Until we select right click and pick the convert to path.
    Also from 9 onwards we have an offset function in the text tool bar. This offset the text from the path +values moving it further away and - values pulling it into the center , So it does not need to be inside the circle but now can be outside,
    I hope that is of help To any body struggling
    Trev
    IP