Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Help with curved text in PSP8

Hi I have been trying everything I can to get this to work right and I need some help.
    What I am needing to do is make text curved up like on the bottom of a circle where it can be read that way. But whenever I do it the text is on the curve the way it is supposed to be but the text is upside down. Is there a way to get the text to curve and read the right way?
    IP

Default Re: Help with curved text in PSP8

BTW, I have been going through tutorials and did a search so I have been trying to figure it out. If there is something I may have missed it.
    IP

Do you mean "A" or "B"? This was done with Xarapro "A" had to be typed individually and rotated and placed in position "B " is done in the usual way.
    I do not know if you can emulate this in PSP8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AORB.jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	33380  
    IP

I am not sure what you mean.

However if i am correct the angle of the writing can not be changed. the angle of the text is determed by where you click on the circle. The amont you write affects how much it will curve around the circle.

i hope i have been able to help, below is two images create in psp 8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Circle 1.jpg 
Views:	730 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	33381   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Circle 2.jpg 
Views:	721 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	33382  

Whizz Kid "Or so he says"
    IP

A is what I am needing to do, when I do it in PSP8 the writing is facing up so it is upside down to me like the one on the right in Whizz Kid's post.
    Last edited by Leadfoot; 17 December 2006 at 06:31 PM.
    IP

Leapfoot i have looked hard and i have found no fuction in psp 8 that does reverse the text on a circle or just reverses text, but i could be wrong and if anyone can shead light on the matter please tell us.

However xara xtreme has that fuction and you can download a 15 day trial verson, which would solve the problem. The images that parahandy posted uphas were created in xara as he says.

i hope that will help solve your problem
    IP

Thanks for the help, I think you are right, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Pretty sad I pay over $75 for a program (when it was new) and to do something that seems like it should have it I will have to spend another $80 or so for another program.
    IP

Well that is pretty bad however psp 8 does have some advantage over xara for pictures i find, if is any consolation

But i would recomend xara as that other program, because if psp 8 can't do it it is quite a safe bet to say that xara xtreme or xara pro will.
    Last edited by Whizz Kid; 17 December 2006 at 07:22 PM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Thanks for the help, I think you are right, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Pretty sad I pay over $75 for a program (when it was new) and to do something that seems like it should have it I will have to spend another $80 or so for another program.
    Leadfoot don't give up on this one Whizz kid and I are no experts, there may be someone out there who may have the answers.
    IP

parahandy,

I just joined this forum and was going to ask the same question regarding curved text. Am I able to do what you did in example "A" with PSP 10? Our church's website is at http://freegrace.ca and I wanted to alter our logo that contains curved text along the circle so that the text on the bottom is not upside down.
    IP