Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Using the Flash command "_level" in XXPro.

Here's a link to a more detailed one. One that would be impossible to create in a single swf file. In total it's 34Kbs and is almost infinite in it's playing length.

CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 17 December 2006 at 05:40 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here's a link to a more detailed one. One that would be impossible to create in a single swf file. In total it's 34Kbs and is almost infinite in it's playing length.
    This is good stuff ... still playing here, once I'm totally au fait with it I'll find out how I can apply it more seriously.

Thanks for the heads up on this - much appreciated.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Another fun piece. Have it well-sussed now, I think.
    Muchos obligeous

Forgot to add the link: here
    Last edited by Intbel; 18 December 2006 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the link. Duh.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

It would be great if Xara supported this internally. The problem is that not everyone has their own web space to upload the flash files to.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Xhris View Post
    It would be great if Xara supported this internally. The problem is that not everyone has their own web space to upload the flash files to.
    This is true.
    Until this is supported internally (along with the ability to embed sound?) Xara could rent webspace to all registered users for a reasonable fee.
    could possibly do this thing anyways, maybe.

A li'l more income for Xara and useful facility for users.

And .. I'd like to take this opportunity to say how increasingly annoying I find having the frame gallery upside down - since when does a background frame lie on top of other frames?

'Tis a most unnatural state of affairs ... grrrr.

IP

Xhris,

You can view it in a browser from your local computer. What you can't do is have it function under the "Flash Browser Preview"

I expect this is because it's loading the swf into a temp folder rather than the folder where the other swfs reside.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Xhris,

You can view it in a browser from your local computer.
    How (I've not actually played with this yet)?

Hmm, it's touch and go whether I include this or not in the Flash tutorial I wrote. It's powerful, but not official. Comments from Xara would help me decide, but as yet there have been none.
    IP

How (I've not actually played with this yet)?

Hmm, it's touch and go whether I include this or not in the Flash tutorial I wrote. It's powerful, but not official. Comments from Xara would help me decide, but as yet there have been none.
    View it in your browser directly from files on your Hard Drive simply by creating an html file for the first swf, conveniently provided in the swf browser preview in Xtreme.

IP

As Intbel says. So provided all the swf files are located in the same folder it will work in the browser from the local computer or a remote server. (But still not from XXPro's "Flash Browser Preview")

As I said, I was just experimenting and it worked, although I'd seen no documentation regarding this feature. As a feature it does greatly expand the ease of use swf files and their editability. I've tried to see if it's possible to insert this instruction in a frame command rather than as a button command [web address] but had no sucesess.
    Egg

IP

Come on, Xhris...if it works, you should mention it...at the very least as an "undocumented feature." (Isn't that the term Microsoft uses for bugs in their software?)
    ---
    Will
    IP