Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Totally fed up with Paintshop Pro XI

I just cannot believe a big company like Corel would release software with so many bugs, the new Paintshop pro XI is a resource hogger and is very slow to load and for me the biggest gripe i have is that it is always crashing.

Ive been in the middle of some work and the programme has brought up the usual error that comes with it "This programme needs to close now" etc and ive not had chance to save my work, the programme has some good improvements from previous versions but i am totally fed up with it crashing and then having to wait forever for it to load up again.

Ive checked for patches and their is none for XI, seems strange that to me as surely they must know about this crashing issue.
    IP

Default Re: Totally fed up with Paintshop Pro XI

PSPPXI is a joke, that's the only explanation for such a bad version.
    I also find it quite funny that the recommended system requirements are higher than what's needed to run Photoshop CS2. Considering what PSC2 does and what PSPPXI refuses to do - or are error messages much heavier now? -, all one can do is laugh.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I hope that you can get your money back - even if you didn't pay, Corel should refund you for the lost work and time.
    IP

Coningham, i couldn`t agree more.

What suprises me most is hows this version has been released with so many bugs, it makes you wonder if they do any testing prior to a release because this crash bug would have been a known issue during any tests carried out as happens frequently and is not just a one off.

I have been impressed with previous PSP releases especially the jasc ones, this XI version is a total and utter joke in my oppinion considering its supposed to be one of the market leaders in its field.

I think i will have to go back to the previous version or use photoshop CS as i can`t rely on this programme not to crash right in the middle of some work, it also uses far to many resources like you say in comparison with photoshop CS.

Its a very frustrating release because it could have been very good indeed but its NOT and i wouldn`t recommend it to anyone.
    Last edited by manicman20; 17 December 2006 at 01:43 AM.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by manicman20 View Post
    it makes you wonder if they do any testing prior to a release
    That's the difference between Corel and Jasc.

The reason why Jasc's releases were so great is because of the extensive beta testing. One would hear about beta sign-ups months before the release. I never found any obvious bugs in older versions, which wasn't the case with PSP X, for example.

Corel doesn't work with public beta testing and I'm not really sure how the real testing goes on over there, if any. People complained about bugs on PSP X and we got to the ridiculous point where a patch was released to fix a previous patch - yeah, a patch for a patch! A couple of days after the release of XI several bugs had been caught already (at least Corel provides the newsgroups which are a great source for knowing what's really going on) and there are no news about fixes.

Fortunately PSP X has been stable for me (now), although I always do my heavier work in Photoshop just to be on the real safe side.

I was a huge fan of PSP, but now that clowns are offering upgrades I think X will be my last version.
    Last edited by coningham; 17 December 2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: minor correction
    IP

Come on, people, what did you expect?

When Corel bought PSP, there was nowhere to go but down! Did anyone seriously expect Corel to IMPROVE it?

Sort of like they improved Word Imperfect?

Please!
    ---
    Will
    IP

I wish I'd known about these issues before buying it. Should have saved a bit more and bought photoshop.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Britman View Post
    I wish I'd known about these issues before buying it. Should have saved a bit more and bought photoshop.
    At least there's a patch available now.
    http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1166109097712
    IP

My husband recently bought me a new paintshop pro XI. This is the first paintshop I had and I must say I really love it. And when I started to check online for review I never heard anything good about this product. And then I started to think how come it function well in my pc? Even go online, open another image editor( ulead) and browse to my picture folder. I asked my husband about it and he said maybe it has something to do with RAM .I have a 512 mb Ram and 80 gb hdd.
    IP

Well Ram does have a big part to play in Image editing But your 512 MB whould be classed as small to most Users. If you have all the Patches from corel You will be ok by now Thats 11.11 and 11.2.

Or so im told as I did not think that X1 had enoght new features to make upgrade. Roll on X11
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Well Ram does have a big part to play in Image editing But your 512 MB whould be classed as small to most Users. If you have all the Patches from corel You will be ok by now Thats 11.11 and 11.2.

Or so im told as I did not think that X1 had enoght new features to make upgrade. Roll on X11
    512 mb small? Im using the recommended system configuration.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1157730491482
    IP