Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Edit all frames

Default Edit all frames

Hello

I've just made my first animation, something I thought I'd never be able to do, so thanks to XXPro :-)

But now I'm finding it rather cumbersome to make changes, so can anyone give some advice on the workflow?

One example: I want to edit an object, so I click "Edit all frames" then make the change. But it only affects the selected frame, not all, so I've got to repeat the change on every frame. Say I copy then Paste In Place onto the next frame, but then it's in front of everything, so it takes many, many, clicks to change the object on all frames. Is there an easier way to do this?

Another example: I have a complex scene which I find convenient to edit using multiple layers. But an animation can't have layers so I have to edit it in one document and then paste it into the animation document every time I change it. If I had layers in the animation document it would be easier.

Thanks!
    IP

Default Re: Edit all frames

I have enough trouble trying to keep track of layers in my still work and frames in my animations. If I had to think about both of them in a single file I'd go nuts.
    ---
    Will
    IP

You have an eye icon and a pointer icon on the frames palette, make sure both are turned on and then you can indeed make a selection which will pertain to all of them.

Note: this is a great way of resizing, however if you are recoloring, all frames will have all items the same color. If you are assigning time, your frames will all have the same time.

So it may not work for every edit.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Sorry I wasn't clear. I thought "Edit all frames" would allow me to edit an object once and the changes would be visible on all frames. At the moment if I change the design of an object I have to completely re-create the animation again by pasting it back into every frame individually. What workflow do other people use?
    IP

Xarb, I know what you mean, and yes that feature would be really nice and we're looking at adding itto future versions (well a general cloning ability so you can change one object and all copies of it change at the same time).
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    Xarb, I know what you mean, and yes that feature would be really nice and we're looking at adding itto future versions (well a general cloning ability so you can change one object and all copies of it change at the same time).
    Charles, this software just gets better and better!
    ---
    Will
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    So you could name an object and in changing it, all cloned objects would also change, in the same manner that changing a named colour changes?
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP