Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Clip Art Reader

While installing the extensive clip art library I had compiled for use in CorelXara, I discovered a couple of glitches in the XaraX clip art reader.

1. The reader will not recognize a comma if used in a file name. (Windows does and the reader in CorelXara did.) The XaraX clip art reader gives you one of those gray-quadrant rectangles instead of an image. If you try dragging from the reader window onto the Xara workspace, you'll see that part of the file name up to the comma. But you can't add the image to the workspace. The solution is to remove the comma from the file name.

2. The Xara reader no longer recognizes the "web" extension used in Xara's Webster. (The CorelXara package included some photos in "web" format.) Again, you get the gray-quadrant rectangle. However, XaraX will open the file. The solution is to convert those "web" files to "xar" or another format the clip art reader will recognize.

While installing the extensive clip art library I had compiled for use in CorelXara, I discovered a couple of glitches in the XaraX clip art reader.

1. The reader will not recognize a comma if used in a file name. (Windows does and the reader in CorelXara did.) The XaraX clip art reader gives you one of those gray-quadrant rectangles instead of an image. If you try dragging from the reader window onto the Xara workspace, you'll see that part of the file name up to the comma. But you can't add the image to the workspace. The solution is to remove the comma from the file name.

2. The Xara reader no longer recognizes the "web" extension used in Xara's Webster. (The CorelXara package included some photos in "web" format.) Again, you get the gray-quadrant rectangle. However, XaraX will open the file. The solution is to convert those "web" files to "xar" or another format the clip art reader will recognize.