Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Cannot Save Drop-Down Menu

Hi Parahandy,

You're doing great for 84 years old. My father is 84, and he wouldn't even think of turning-on a computer.

I am developing my website off-line, using FrontPage. Since I am developing it off line, all its files are stored on my hard drive.

The files that I am concerned-wth are the files associated with the creation of the drop-down Xara menu. It seems these files are automatically stored in a "temporary" directory on my local hard drive. It seems I have no control over where Xara stores the files that it generates when creating these drop-down menus.

My question, at this point, is "how can I specifcy where Xara places the files it creates when generating a drop-down menu."

If I am not being clear, it's not your fault. It's mine.

Hi Bob, I have just checked my webstyle4 program, started a new project (to remind me how it's done) and when I clicked on menus and wrote them, I then went to Save and up came a default window as to where they were going to be saved. Now, you don't have to save them in the default window you can save them in a folder of your own choosing. Check this out for yourself. I won't be on for long, bedtime is calling.
    Last edited by parahandy; 16 December 2006 at 11:27 AM.

I had the exact same problem tonight and solved it by opening windows explorer, going to where the project folder was stored and unclicking the "read only" box. For me the path I followed to do this was:

My Computer > HP_PAVILLION(C: ) > Program Files > Xara > Webstyle 4 > WSTemplates >

It's inside the WSTemplates folder that both the Themes and Project folders are stored by Webstyle4. I right clicked on the project folder I was working with and selected "Properties." At the bottom of the pop up window that comes up I unclicked the "Read-only" box that was clicked and then clicked the "Apply" button. I selected the "Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files" radio button and clicked OK. Then clicked OK again on the other window and that solved my problem.

Thanks for this suggestion, but I already tried that. I just tried it again, and it did not work. Here's what happens. When I unclick the read-only button, then apply, then okay, everything SEEMS okay. But when I go to properties again, and look at the button, it reverted to "read-only." Somehow, I am unable to make this a changable file.

All this might have something to do with the BRIEFCASE function I am using on both my comptuers. These are BRIEFCASE files that I transfer from my desktop to laptop. Since I want to be able to work on my website while I'm travelling, I include all appropriate files in the BRIEFCASE.

But I cannot get it to work.

Nuts.

Unhappy Re: Cannot Save Drop-Down Menu

wow. then that exhausted my knowledge. those steps did work for me. Though now I cannot get the nav bar to show after I edit and save it.