Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing large images

Hi, this is my first post so here goes!

I want to increase a picture to a huge size using photoshop 7....the size being about 4ft by 3ft. It's for a wall display. I also want to print it in sections of a4. I only have an a4 printer. What i want to know is if this possible and how do you go about cutting the huge image up into a4 sections to print.

I have used the image resizer wizard which has given me the huge size. So i think i have done the first part correctly.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Printing large images

download a demo of this great program, it will do all the sums for you to get the best out of your image printing it on many A4 sheets, I have now used Qimage for over 4 years next to Photoshop I would pay more for this program than any other, the plus point its cheap.
    http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
    IP

Default Re: Printing large images

Hi Danny,
    When you have a question like this always use the HELP file in PS, I find it so good. Export your file to ZoomView and pick atemplate from there it is so easy to use. Also you can crop your file using your printer driver page size as the actual crop size and print each page with print marks so that you can asseble later. You may finf that your printer software can mange this its self as well and it will print your file to pages but it would be harder to assemble.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP