Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Clipboard Useage

Does anyone use the clipboard to move text from XaraLX to a text editor and vice versa?

I have been trying to but haven't been successful. I'm using AMD 64 2x, FC6 with all updates. Even using Glipper doesn't help. <sigh>

frank
    IP

Default Re: Clipboard Useage

Frank cut/copy text and paste doesn't seem to have been included in the current builds of Xara Xtreme LX. Once development resumes that should be added by the time version 1.0 is realised.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Frank cut/copy text and paste doesn't seem to have been included in the current builds of Xara Xtreme LX. Once development resumes that should be added by the time version 1.0 is realised.
    Until v1.0, eh? Looking over the Pro version for Windows we'll have to have lots of open source guys come in to help to get v1.0 in reasonable time frame.

Thanks for your reply.

frank
    IP

I know absolutely nothing about xara linux but would "ctrl c" and "ctrl v" work in this case as a workround?
    IP

Hi Norman,

Linux is similar to Unix and doesn't necessarily use the same keyboard shortcuts as Windows. The copy and paste feature is implemented differently in Linux and can be different from application to application.

On a Linux system the user can have a different graphical interface, with a choice of several. The graphical interface named Gnome is fairly common, but there are some different versions of that GUI (Graphical User Interface). The KDE interface is also common but implements features differently than Gnome. KDE also has some different versions available. Those are only two of many choices available and to what extent a user wants a GUI. Many users prefer to use the default command line interface.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hi Norman,

Linux is similar to Unix and doesn't necessarily use the same keyboard shortcuts as Windows. The copy and paste feature is implemented differently in Linux and can be different from application to application.

On a Linux system the user can have a different graphical interface, with a choice of several. The graphical interface named Gnome is fairly common, but there are some different versions of that GUI (Graphical User Interface). The KDE interface is also common but implements features differently than Gnome. KDE also has some different versions available. Those are only two of many choices available and to what extent a user wants a GUI. Many users prefer to use the default command line interface.
    Thank you Bill for the info
    Norman
    IP