Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I hate to bring this lovefest to an end, and I hope the Angry Dutchman doesn't yell at me again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But I am disappointed. After an eternity of waiting we were given a Sept release date. We were told that X was in beta testing (limited to a few at that!) and the company wanted to get all the bugs worked out before the initial release.

Sept comes and goes, and we're left with a limited slow buggy beta copy and we're asked for suggestions? Is the beta testing starting all over again???

So much for not letting the competition get an idea of seeing the features before it was out.

I have a billion conspiracy theories at work that I won't go into, I have a felling we'll have plenty of time to examine each one individually.

I'm worried for Xara, esp with the new release of Draw just around the corner.

Saying that, I have found some useful features in the beta. I like being able to import PNG with transparency intact, and I like how X exports custom gradients to SWF. I haven't been able to use it much, I've got it on my old p233 for I do not install beta software on my production machine.

Phew, I feel a bit better now. You know, when you boil it all down, it doesn't matter if it's ever released.

I hate to bring this lovefest to an end, and I hope the Angry Dutchman doesn't yell at me again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

But I am disappointed. After an eternity of waiting we were given a Sept release date. We were told that X was in beta testing (limited to a few at that!) and the company wanted to get all the bugs worked out before the initial release.

Sept comes and goes, and we're left with a limited slow buggy beta copy and we're asked for suggestions? Is the beta testing starting all over again???

So much for not letting the competition get an idea of seeing the features before it was out.

I have a billion conspiracy theories at work that I won't go into, I have a felling we'll have plenty of time to examine each one individually.

I'm worried for Xara, esp with the new release of Draw just around the corner.

Saying that, I have found some useful features in the beta. I like being able to import PNG with transparency intact, and I like how X exports custom gradients to SWF. I haven't been able to use it much, I've got it on my old p233 for I do not install beta software on my production machine.

Phew, I feel a bit better now. You know, when you boil it all down, it doesn't matter if it's ever released.

C'mon, do you ever think this will be released?

It was previously scheduled for release in April, then put back and put back until September and still no sign of the final product.

Xara could teach Microsoft a thing or two about promised release dates ;-)

"I hate to bring this lovefest to an end, and I hope the Angry Dutchman doesn't yell at me again"
    Even worse! He agrees with you! (BTW, I wasn't yelling then ...)
    Got back this morning after moving and rebuilding parts of our new home just to find that:

a/ Xara had only released a Beta ... (which, in MS speak and manner will be followed by a Preview and PreRelease, sigh ...)

b/ SVG export is missing.

c/ Pressure sensitivity is a no-no. At least your posting brought some sunshine around here and I will try to test it tomorrow on a PC with Wacom.

All in all, I'm not very enthousiastic about X, yet. I've had serious lock-ups, crashes and no-responsiviness. Sure, there's a major overhaul of the interface, but some of the quirks still exist and the main improvements I was expecting (wacom support and SVG export) is not there! And that all in a product which should have been ready for market by now. How much longer can we wait?!

Pressure sensitive brushes will be functional in the final release and this obviously includes wacom support