Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Cintiq 12WX

Default New Cintiq 12WX

Wacom has finally produced a Cintiq model that is priced under $1000. Take a look at http://global.wacom.com/cintiq/12WX.cfm. For those unfamiliar with Cintiq tablets, the advantage to other tablets is that instead of drawing on the tablet and watching what you do on your monitor, you work and look directly on the tablet which acts as a monitor as well. Previously, the only Cintiq tablets available were for around $2000 and up.

Default Re: New Cintiq 12WX

A tad small concidering... perhaps better to get one of the the bigger models...

I wouldn't dream of going back to veiwing or working on a 15" monitor, never mind a 12"...

thanks for the heads up though...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

But Gidgit the 12" Cintiq isn't meant to be your monitor. It is a tablet and as such the 12" size should work pretty good. I've heard of people switching from big tablets to smaller ones because the smaller ones are easier to use. Having one of these tablets would be very sweet! Hopefully the price will come down even further.

Regards, Ross

Hi Ross...

I think you guys are right... I measured my 17" screen, and this tab is actually a tad larger... so here I am, tasting foot hehe...

Sorry Zeb

carry on guys