Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying bug?

Default Annoying bug?

Hello forum members,

This is my first post. I own Xara Extreme since august, and have been a member of this great board for months now.

I have searched the forum for an answer to this annoying problem, and even Xara website does not give a conclusive answer/solution to this, at least that I know of.

From time to time my cursor touches the sidebar of the window, and I get an access violation error, and the program crashes, without any means of recovery.

When this happen I can't even trace back this program crash in my Application or system logs.

Since this happens to me at least once a day, and I know there are more X_extreme users who have encountered this problem by reading the threads, I would like to know if a solution have been found for this.

Thanks in advance for the input
    Calexy

Default Re: Annoying bug?

Hi Calexy,

I've got a knack for finding the causes of bugs, but I've never actually heard of or even seen this bug. It sounds a bit volatile to be a standard bug; have you tried uninstalling, then re-installing the product?

Xhris

Thank you for answering Xhris,

Yes I tried un and reinstalling

By searching the forum with the keywords 'access violation error'. I found many instances of users who encountered the same problem.

I don't know if the causes are the same, but since it happened again just now, I managed to capture a screenshot of the problem and decreased the size in Photoshop.

As you can see here i was just trying to move/duplicate the lighter and accidentally touched the scrollbar.

Greetings.. Calexy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_error.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	33051  

I remember this one from awhile back:

1. Rulers showing
    2. at least one guide line showing
    3. have the Layer Gallery showing (docked or not docked)
    4. drag a shape off the drawing area so your mouse pointer
    is over either a ruler or a scrollbar (if the pointer is not over a ruler or scrollbar the error doesn't occur)
    5. release the left mouse button and the error pops up immediately.

Error occurs on Windows 2000 and XP using Xtreme version 2.0e or 2.0f. If you are using Xtreme (not Pro) this one is still there.

Stan

.mispost.
    -=Bob=-

Stan,

I can duplicate this error in Xtreme. PRO seems to have sorted it out as I can't duplicate it there.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Guess i will have to go Pro if I want to get rid of this nuisance.
    Thanks for all reactions..
    Greetings..
    calexy

Quote Originally Posted by calexy2003 View Post
    I don't know if the causes are the same
    FYI: The causes of an access violation error are not the same. Different problems can cause the error and cause Xara to crash.

I tried to duplicate this problem in Pro also, and could not. However I did get a really weird thing to happen.

I created a simple black circle on my page, then tried to drag it around over the scroll bars as described.

When I did so, and released the left mouse button, the program seemed to pause a couple of seconds and then put the circle back where it had been before I dragged it to the scroll bar. But there was now a second circle! I moved it to the page I'd been working on and tried moving the first circle to the right-hand scroll bar. (I'd tried the bottom bar first.) Lo and behold, I now had a third circle!

While this is an entertaining result, I think I'll stick with Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V for making duplicates!

Can't duplicate this error in Xtreme or X1, tried for 5 mins dragging which way and that, onto sctoll bars then off but like Wolfman i did get slight hesitation once then nothing. Could this be a problem with graphic cards rather than the programme.
    Design is thinking made visual.