Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: PI Pop Art

Default PI Pop Art

This recent thread in the PSP forum http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24672
    led me to this link:
    http://tutorialoutpost.com/count/4036
    I had experimented with using PI's black and white conversion for producing halftone lines, but adding pop art colors was a new idea. I thought I'd take the Mean Machine for a pop art treatment. Lichtenstein would be turning in his grave...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PopArt.gif 
Views:	7201 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	32979  
    IP

Default Re: PI Pop Art

Wow! Is that ever cool! It would make a great T-shirt iron-on.
    -=Bob=-
    IP

A car with measles ... that is original >grin<
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Wow, Gman, great idea. Does it come with a vaccination?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

MEASLES!
    You people have no appreciation for art...

This thing's gonna be worth millions when I'm finally a member of the Dead Artists Society, you know.
    Measles, really!
    IP

More halftone and screentone madness. No pop art colors this time. Uncolored line art as coloring book for the adventurous . All made entirely with PI.
    One trick I found which works for this type of drawing is to draw the black silhouette with the path tool first, then draw the white shapes inside, then black again to refine the white, then white again to add detail to the black, etc. Combine the black and white shapes as single object if the object count goes up. You don't shape the vectors into the actual object, but rather use them as black and white brushes, much like the scratchboard process. It's pretty spontaneous, actually, once you get into it. One advantage with doing it on the computer is that you can duplicate your shapes, like I did with the leaves of the tree. Tones are made from texture fills (woodgrain, textile), converted to black and white, as well as some of those pixel screentones textures I posted some time ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scratchboard.gif 
Views:	2431 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	33027   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scratchboard2.gif 
Views:	2397 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	33028  

IP

Very nice effect, had no idea Measles came in so many varieties and colors! Just Kidding. Dead Artist's society, well, we can tell everyone we knew you when, that is before your trip down the toilet, oh, excuse me, Loo. You are doing quiet well for a future dead person, Halloween was back in October when Intbel's birthday went to Platinum in Off-Topic with a perennial sticky. Anyway we love to tease your socks off, even in December, hope you keep your feet warm in between times!

Love your new effects. Haven't used PI in a while, have to reinstall 10 as my EZ Palette editor took a journey down the Loo to visit you and your mermaid. How is the dear fish, doing well?
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Wow, I thought I had replied to this... must have been through one of the cable outages we have been experiencing during our service area upgrades on the lines....

anyhoo... right on GMan... I love this comic book style of print fx... very cool
    IP