Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Stuttering in Flash

Just did my first Flash with Xtreme Pro and noticed some consistent stuttering of some frames in the animation, at least on my computer (1GHz cpu). Is this to be expected from Flash in general or is it mostly dependent upon my computer specs?

Additionally, this is my first jump into 'Xara World' and I am really diggin' the Xtreme Pro software. I hope to stay on for the long haul with both the program and these forums.

Thanks everyone,
    well

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 06 December 2006 at 08:36 AM.
    IP

Default Re: Stuttering in Flash

Welcome well,

I must admit I can't see any stuttering. It could be your fps frame rates that cause what your seeing but unless you attach the xar file it's fard to say. If you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and look at the CPU usage it's very small for this animation, so I doubt it's your system.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Unhappy Re: Stuttering in Flash

Ahhh, the Task Manager. Can't believe I overlooked opening it up. That, in fact, did the trick. There were two unknown "processes" running in the background and taking over major CPU time. I shut them down and problem solved. Now I just need to 'google' them and see what they were and what they were up to.

Thanks for mentioning the obvious,
    well
    IP

Yes,

I've had this with Firefox on one occasion and Acrobat Reader on several occasions. The Acrobat one was trashing away at 90% for no reason whatsoever.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

You may have the same problem as Raymond.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24375

Anas
    IP