Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Re: Add a signature to the animation

He certainly does!

Now after I've done a few it certainly seems easy. Here's the final result for critique.

If I was to do it over again I would do it differently, though still keeping it looking the same. It went up on the web tonight and has been sent to board and clients alike, so I don't think I will play with this one much more.

Thanks again for the lesson. It is greatly appreciated.

...Doug
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ...Doug
    IP

Default Re: Add a signature to the animation

Wow, that's very cool - thanks for sharing.
    IP

I think it is very well done! The concept and design are clever and the execution is smooth and effective. The company should be VERY pleased!
    ---
    Will
    IP

The company IS pleased. We've gotten some good replies from clients and stakeholders alike. I guess that sounds like success. :->

From my vantage, the signatures, especially Cam's, are excellent. The other signatures worked out well.

I'm less happy with some of the fairie animation, and the Christmas cracker off of the tree is a bit shakey.

I'm pleased with using the bitmaps to cover the animation of complex objects. Over all it worked like a charm, except the last few frames of the fairie flying off stage right show pixelation if you look at it. And again you see the sharpening when the logo stops growing out of the cracker.

If I were to do it again, then I would make the tree, floor and some other elements background items. I didn't make use of backgrounds or overlays, mostly because I forgot about them until about frame 30. There were a couple of points they would have worked fine and probably saved file space over all.

I've used Corel RAVE in the past, and quite liked it. By version 3 it was almost stable and easy to like if you were patient.

This Xara pro animation, for my uses, is superior to RAVE, and I doubt I will go back. It does what I need and considering I just did the most complicated animation I've done as my first attempt, that says worlds about the quality and application of the program.

Of course Xara Pro doesn't have RAVE's friendly, often-seen CARM screen. I won't miss it... the Corel equivalent of MS's blue screen of death.

Thanks again. ...Doug
    ...Doug
    IP

Nice work, Doug!

I agree that the fairy flying offstage doesn't work. If you do something like this again, perhaps the fairy could vanish in a blaze of light. That might solve the exit problem.
    Great

Great concept, though. No wonder your bosses liked it.
    IP