Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH - Desperate help needed please!

Been sitting here ages doing some work making regular saves and have now got an error message saying "temp drive or output drive may be full" and it won't let me save. Any ideas please from a COMPLETE computer numpty!! Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH - Desperate help needed please!

Hello, welcome to Talkgraphics.

If you have your file open, and you cannot save it (and you are certainly afraid to lose your work) you can just insert a Disk-on-Key and save on a different directory. If that doesn't work, try creating a new file, saving it (hopefuly the new file will work). Then open it again, copy from the old file and paste into the new one, and save again.

In future, make save your work every several minutes (just use the shortcut key Ctrl+S)

Another thing is that your HD may be full. You can clean out your temp files folder which is found somewhere in the User settings folder (somewhere on the local HD where you windows is installed, I will try to search for the full path). You should clean it every now and then, otherwise it can be pretty large (I once had to waste almost half an hour on deleting 1.5GB of trash from that folder.

Good luck.
    IP

Default Re: AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHH - Desperate help needed please!

Or go search type in*.tmp and when it shows the list delete them or even go to accessories system tools and select disc cleanup that will get rid of temp files. if you can go to save as save your work to another drive or other medium first.
    IP