Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Menorah for Hanukkah

I decided to try to make a Flash-animated Menorah for my Jewish friends, so I started by Googling Menorah Images. I found one I liked, then started to make a vector image in XtremePro. Got everything done, used bevels, shading, fades, etc. Then remembered I can't do that in Flash, so I made a bitmap copy.

Next, I made the candle flames with Alien Skin's Plug-in, but couldn't use Live Effects in Flash. So I made eight slightly different flames, made bitmap copies of them, named them, and alightly altered them between frames. (elongated, shortened, widened, thinned, rotated, etc., to create the illusion of movement.

So far so good. Then I went to Google to find the order in which the candles were to be lit.

This is when I had a panic attack!

The first site I found said a Menorah had nine candles. Mine had only seven!

Then I found other sites saying that some have seven, some have nine and there is a difference in symbolism.

I am SO confused. Anyway, I'm posting my seven-candle Menorah in Flash, along with the .xar file, if anyone is interested.

And I'd really love to know the difference between the two.
    ---
    Will
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by WolfMoonHP; 04 December 2006 at 03:36 PM.
    IP