Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I would like to know what everyone's favorite form of advertising is. Unfortunately I won't everyone's but I'd like to hear from as many people as possible.
    IP

I would like to know what everyone's favorite form of advertising is. Unfortunately I won't everyone's but I'd like to hear from as many people as possible.
    IP

It's been pretty much decided that banner advertising doesn't work unless you can afford one of the top sites (ie. Yahoo, amazon). The only other that seems ethically correct to me, is opt-in email. Always give your audience the choice.

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP

You mean Web directories, like Yahoo? I prefer to find someone in a Web Directory - that way I find what I'm looking for, instead of having something thrown in my face. The e-mail bit is fine, but I can't stand spam. If I get one e-mail every six months or so, that's okay - but there are some places where I get an e-mail every week and it's frikkin' annoying. But I don't mind e-mail updates, as long as I've asked for them. I will always prefer just going to a Search Engine or a Web Directory, though, and sifting through the information.

Alternately, creative TV, radio or print commercials can make me check out a site, too. Take, for example, WebHelp.com - they've got a huge banner near the Eaton Center here in T.O. where they post questions that have been asked on their site. Some of them are amusing - and they definitely catch your eye. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I checked out the site based solely on that ad.

On the whole, though, I agree wholeheartedly with Jen - if you don't have a choice, it's a big turn-off.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Alternately, creative TV, radio or print commercials can make me check out a site, too. Take, for example, WebHelp.com - they've got a huge banner near the Eaton Center here in T.O. where they post questions that have been asked on their site. Some of them are amusing - and they definitely catch your eye. I checked out the site based solely on that ad.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree Deep - creative advertising always wins hands down - on the web or otherwise!

I find it very amusing to see what other's search for - whether in my logs or on http://www.metaspy.com/.

As an aside - isn't it an interesting phenomenon that more sites are using "real live" people as a hook? Used to be that "virtual" was where it's at. Go figure!

cfn ... Jen
    Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    cfn ... Jen

Jen Worden
    Web Developer
    www.meadoworks.com
    IP