Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Are there any third party filters especially for PhotoPaint that differ from the Photoshop compatible ones? I use Photoshop 5.5 and 6 but have found some filter effects I can only get in PhotoPaint.

Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    Paula
    IP

Are there any third party filters especially for PhotoPaint that differ from the Photoshop compatible ones? I use Photoshop 5.5 and 6 but have found some filter effects I can only get in PhotoPaint.

Any suggestions would be great.
    Thanks
    Paula
    IP

"Are there any third party filters especially for PhotoPaint that differ from the
    Photoshop compatible ones? I use Photoshop 5.5 and 6 but have found some
    filter effects I can only get in PhotoPaint."

No, not really, since any plugin that can be made for PhotoPaint can be used in Photoshop (effects plugins first appeared in Photoshop), and you wouldn't want to limit your market that way. However, there is an add-on for PhotoPaint that uses the scripting feature to generate hundreds of effect styles, and is essentually a kind of plugin. Pretty neat too, check it out...

Cutting Edge FX
    http://www.cedesign.com/

Doug Frost
    IP

Almost any plugins made for Photoshop works well in PhotoPaint. Including Photoshop own filters.
    IP

Debbie Cook has what she calls Cutting Edge FX on her Web site at http://www.cedesign.com
    The Fontman
    "For those who fought for freedom...freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    IP

There are some interesting free plugins that work with PP at this site: www.plugpage.com; just scroll through the PC or MAC list and take your pick.
    IP