Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New purchase

Red face New purchase

Just paid for and downloaded the upgrade, will be interesting to use and see if the flash options are easier to use as compared to flash 8 which I use a lot.

Has anyone created twin swf yet and compared file size?

That will be my challenge for tomorrow

cheers

Ian
    IP

Default Re: New purchase

If you've got and used Flash authoring tool (I could say if you've been through the pain of learning it) then I can predict you will find the Xara way of doing things very different. Flash users typically say 'but where's the timeline'. To be honest the Xara flash system is not designed for user of Flash - it's aimed at the designers who are not Flash (the Adobe authoring tool) users.

If on the other hand you are not a Flash user, then I can safely say that the Xara way of creating Flash is easier.

I would hope and believe the size of our Flash files is at least as good as you'll find anywhere else. Sticking to the core 6 legal tween transforms can produce very compact files indeed.
    IP

Check out the later posts here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=24113

Paul
    Last edited by pauland; 28 November 2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Charles beat me to it!
    IP

Hi

Yes I realise that the program is not a substitute for flash etc. However as with everything it will have it's place.

Did some simple work this morning and although I know flash and swish Xara created the animations far more quickly with no appreciable size issue.

Ian
    IP