Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: text

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AntonyF:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gwpriester:
    Don't take John seriously. He's still coding his HTML scripts by hand - Arrrrg! Spare me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem being? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hooray for hand coding! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gwpriester:
    Don't take John seriously. He's still coding his HTML scripts by hand - Arrrrg! Spare me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem being? http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Hooray for hand coding!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't seem to be able to transfer ( Plug in ) the Webstyle Buttons and navigation bars onto NOF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Save the button image for each state as a gif or jpg. Do not include the text on the image. NOF will handle that for you automatically if you want it to.

Open NOF and go to the Style tab. Select a style. Doesn't really matter much which one since you'll be modifying it to suit your needs. Copy the button images into the Images folder for the new style. In NOF 7, the Style folders are subfolders in your NOF program folder.

On the Graphics tab in Style view, under Primary Button States, click the box under Regular. On the Properties palette, click the 2nd tab, (Image). Navigate to the Images folder and select the button image you want to use. Repeat for each of the other states and the secondary buttons if you're using any. Do the same for the banner. Include an image for each state, even if you don't intend to use it. On the Text tab for each button, specify the font, color and size for the button text.

In Page view, preferably in the MasterBorder area (so it will appear on each page to which you assign the MasterBorder), click the Button Navbar tool and draw out a navbar. On the Properties palette, choose the values you want.

That's how you go about it when you want NOF to maintain the navbars automatically. That's definitely the way to go for a newbie. I understand that it's possible to use the whole Webstyle navbar as a piece, but it's harder to set up and will require more maintenance on your part.

BTW, there are ways to use webstyle navbar top and bottom graphics in your NOF page, but I don't want to get into it here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also when I open a Webstyle created web page parts of it are missing in NOF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    NOF is a code generator, not a code editor. A NOF .nod file is actually a database of the elements that make up your website. You don't just open a web page. There are ways to import individual pages, but it's usually better to specify the individual elements and let NOF do the work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I can not log on to GOTFUSION ...Is there some place else I can go to get the info? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    GotFusion is going through some changes right now, so it's possible that the membership functions were down for a while. See if you can subscribe to the newsgroups at http://www.gfwebforum.com. Post in either the v7.5 general discussion or 7.5 web design newsgroup and ask for help on sorting out your log-in problem. You can also try putting "Attn: Turtle" in your subject. AFAIK, he's handling those tasks.

Dear Allison,
    I am absolutely amazed and delighted that you would take the time to answer my question in such a comprehensive way.
    Thank you
    Regards
    David Scott

David,

Glad to be of service. Hope it helps.

Sorry to all about the proliferating posts. I think I've managed to delete the ones that shouldn't have been there.

Allison

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allison Moore:
    proliferating
    Allison <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love that word!! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Some weeks ago I sought advice from this forum with regards as to how to get text statements to my web pages from Xara X'.
    My biggest problem was the ability to be able to edit quickly and in that way attempt
    to keep everything fresh and up to date. As I have plans to try to launch a series of sites I had investigated the possability of buying software which would allow me to edit directly from the site. I was quoted thousands of pounds !!!!!!!!!
    I was taught a great deal here on the Forum where I was given much food for thought and excellent advice. For example John R opened my eyes to the use of notepad and by a series of learning experiences I can now open a file in notepad, edit my text, reload via Terrapin FTP and the job is done.
    Remarkable and greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    David Scott

David, there are also several very good and
    FREE (freeware) "What You See Is What You
    Get" Web Page creation programs. Check out
    the many highly rated programs listed at
    the site below, ready for download.

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/htmledit.html

And for a great assortment of all kinds of
    freeware programs, scroll through the link
    below.

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/menu.html

All the best to you ... Ken

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JohnR:
    Hello David, Scott and anyone else,

I first starting designing web pages in 96' since that time I have upgraded from notepad to wordpad. This upgrade cost me nothing. For you wysiwyg website designers, how many times have you had to upgrade?

I had to invest time to learn the code, that is all. My websites are limited only by how much I can use and abuse the code. Can you say the same? My profit margin is a little wider, because my expenses are much less.

Am I crazy , or crazy like a fox? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I don't use matches to light a fire because I can rub sticks together to achieve the same result. Thus saving money on purchasing the matches. I too have been programming since the mid 80's RGP System32's mainframes and later moved to C, VB and finally HTML. Dramweaver writes HTML very well and with the code editor split view it's easy enought to change the code to respond in the fashion required without having to hand code the entire site. It's just not practical in a business where you have deadlines. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/cool.gif