Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Export from Xara3D to Xara Xtreme

Hello everybody,

The last week I've been playing around with the trail versions of Xara Xtreme and Xara3D. I've seen the the movie where they copy 2D shapes from Xtreme to Xara3D, turn it into a 3D shape and copy it back to Xtreme.

I've tried it exactly like in the movie but over here that doesn't work. I can copy the 3D shape in Xara3D but when I try to paste it in Xtreme, I get this message "The document could not be opened as it was not a XaraX document"
    Am I doing something wrong or do I need the full versions instead of the trail versions?

I can export the image as a jpg and inport this file into Xtreme but then the bitmap does not have a transparent background. I hope somebody can help me a little bit on this one.

Many thanks,
    Tommy

Default Re: Export from Xara3D to Xara Xtreme

To get your picture with a transparent background export as .gif or as .png and make sure you have a tick in transparent. .jpg does not have this facility. and switch the shadow off as well you can always replace this in xtreme.
    You should be able to go to edit click on copy and paste it into xtreme, I have just tried it and it works and it's transparent as well make sure you make the background white
    Last edited by parahandy; 28 November 2006 at 07:09 PM.

Tommy,

You shouldn't get that error, and I'm curious as to why you would. Could you post the X3D file please?

Thanks.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hello Parahandy and Antony,

I am still getting this error. I've tried it on 2 computers with the same result. I tried to turn de background into white and turned of the shadow as Parahandy suggested, but I'm still getting the same error.

I've attached the X3D file that I'm trying to import into Xtreme. But even if I try to copy a quickshape from Xtreme, paste it into X3D, make it 3D, copy it in X3D and finally paste it into Xtreme, I'm getting the same error.

Maybe somebody can give me some further suggestions.

Thank you,
    Tommy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello & welcome Tommy,

I tried it and it pastes into Xtreme with no problem.

I've no idea what to suggest as I can't replicate your error messeage.

Can you export the image as :
    1: jpg 2:gif & 3: png
    and import into Xtreme that way?

If you had purchased copies rather than the trial versions I'd recommend a clean install but I don't think this is a good idea with the trial versions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	32636  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 November 2006 at 03:30 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg Bramhill,

I can export the image to a jpg, gif or png. If I export it to a png with transparent background, I can import it to Xtreme.
    Maybe this is a problem that only occurs with the trail versions. Maybe there is somebody here who's also using the trail versions. If I'm sure that I won't have the same problem with the retail versions, then I'm considering purchasing the programs. Besides this problem, I find the Xara software very powerfull even if you are not really an artist with graphics like me.

Thanks for your help,
    Tommy

Hi Tommy,

I'm not positive I know what is happening to cause the error, but I think it is because the trial version of Xara3D has the watermark. A copy from Xara3D and paste into Xtreme is accomplished as a png with transparency. With the watermark that may trigger that error message.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Me too I copied and pasted your file/picture into Xtreme without any problem. Sorry I cannot help you more, maybe someone with the same setup as you could try it and see if they get the same results.