Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Car WIP

Default Journey to the center of the earth...

Availor, nothing to worry about. I'm always easily distracted. That's why I'm all over the forum...
    Like Bob's comment to the Journey to the Center of the Earth. That prompted me to look up an old copy of the book I had stashed away somewhere . Nice reading it again. And yes, no reference to vehicles there. Must be something Hollywood film versions added later on. Well, going down there on foot is believable only on novels. Using pointed nose vehicles seems more plausible on film. But in real life, I don't think anyone can do it.
    Oh boy, am I distracted now....

Default Re: Car WIP

The original movie (the best one) had no vehicle but one of the remakes did - a giant core drilling machine.
    -=Bob=-

Quote Originally Posted by Turan View Post
    He's obviously too young G'man

And I'm too old to remember the colours .

I'll ask my kids maybe it's on re-run!

Turan
    Here it is, on a channel called "boomerang"
    in my digital cable subscription.
    be aware, not to become a ware.

They're still running?
    No, I'm not really a fanatic on the series, but I really think it's a nice group to practice modeling and rendering. Not too hard but not that simple, too. Just right for my level.
    Another car, before the mods decide we're drifting too far off topic...
    Not sure about the pink color. It doesn't look pink to me, but it's pretty tricky to get pink in 3D, since a lot of variables plays on the final color. Also some slight anomalies on the model. Gotta tweak those later on, maybe...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WWNo5test1.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	32842  

Gee, seem to be having a Wacky Racers 3-D Thread. Good going, Gman, you deserve a medal, don't let Mutley fight you for it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

He won't. Not as long as he's in my 3D world.
    Update on the Compact Pussycat. Prettier pink, plus bump maps for the hood and trunk. Only 512x512 textures so the bump maps are a bit jagged.
    I think I'll tackle something easier next.

Name:	WWNo5test2.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	32857  

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post
    Wrong way to go, G Man.
    Each successive endeavour needs to be progressively more challenging if steady progress is to be maintained.

Love the car - it really should go into the wacky racers thread ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Grafixman View Post

He won't. Not as long as he's in my 3D world.
    Update on the Compact Pussycat. Prettier pink, plus bump maps for the hood and trunk. Only 512x512 textures so the bump maps are a bit jagged.
    I cannot do 3d as in your beautiful rendering GMan I hope you don't mind if I
    tried to emulate it with xpro difficult wee car to draw. I had to pinch your windscreen surround, as the others say why not put it into wacky racers.Or start another wacky racer thread?

Name:	Pinkar.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	32924  
    Last edited by parahandy; 05 December 2006 at 09:24 PM.

Raymond, maybe you're right. I guess the slacker in me is acting up again . Yessir! no pain no gain.
    Norman! THAT is a beautiful rendition (OK, some parts are have confused perspective, but for a quickie, it is very good indeed). Come to think of it, I have done vector renditions of cars from photos but never from 3D renders. Might be a good idea for future projects. Vectors are scalable, and you have much more creative control on the picture. Gotta post that note in my "ideas folder".
    OK, maybe I'll post more finished versions in the Wacky Racers thread. Might also start a new thread for the other cars here in the 3D forum. Topics running too many pages makes hard reading.
    Just noticed that the Wacky Racers logo was missing on the door of car No. 5...

Nice design Gman, although I don't know what cartoon this comes from