Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Antique Roadster

Thought I'd draw a car and animate the wheels but the gradients don't show up in Flash, too complex I think. I'll have to change some things to blends and then be able to output to Flash. Back to the drawing board on that one. Anyway, hope you enjoy this.

Actually didn't use any vector feathering on this one.

The photo I was working from, the car wasn't in showroom condition, a bit rusty, so I tried to give that feeling in some places.

The shadow was drawn and I used a blend on it then set that to Stained Glass Transparency.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	antique roadster.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	32584  
    Last edited by sallybode; 27 November 2006 at 05:40 AM.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Default Re: Antique Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Thought I'd draw a car and animate the wheels but the gradients don't show up in Flash, too complex I think. I'll have to change some things to blends and then be able to output to Flash. Back to the drawing board on that one. Anyway, hope you enjoy this.

Actually didn't use any vector feathering on this one.

The photo I was working from, the car wasn't in showroom condition, a bit rusty, so I tried to give that feeling in some places.

The shadow was drawn and I used a blend on it then set that to Stained Glass Transparency.
    An impressive drawing Sally.
    I notice a duplicate post - is this a "Spot the Difference" competition?
    If so - the other one doesn'thave a rad cap and the tyres are too white
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Excellent drawing Sally, it would be worth a small sum if you owned the real thing now. It will be interesting if the stained glass transparency carries across to Flash. I tried a quick experiment and got an error saying "non mix transparency" but the transparency worked on the swf. I wonder if it was changed to mix? As per your pm I've deleted the earlier duplicate post.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Great looking drawing, Sally.

I helped restore a 1932 Roadster back in the 1960's.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Excellent, Sally. Am I wrong or did you just draw this overnight, in less than a day?
    -=Bob=-

Sally,
    Neato!
    I guess I don't need to tell you, this posting places you at the top of my list.
    ron

Yes, Drifter, took me a couple of hours. the side of the vehicle when not drawing engine parts, takes less time, this one did not have much chrome on it so it wasn't that hard to render.

Egg, the Stained Glass transparency may come across but to get some nuances of color and texture, probably have complex or repeating gradients being overlayed with plasma or cloud transparencies which is too much for Flash to interpret. However, can render it without these devices, there are workarounds for everything nearly as the tools are so varied. Perhaps will use blends as I'd still like to combine a nice Xara drawing and the Flash animation, see how to do it and get the best quality I can. It is an experimentatl learning process. Ahead one step, backup five, try a new track, until you find what works.

You're probably experimenting too. When we get what works, we'll post it for the forum for all to benefit from.

Thank you all for the kind words. Using Xara is cheaper than sitting on a psychiatrist's couch, trying to be something I am not -- ho-hum average, I was born to draw.
    Last edited by sallybode; 28 November 2006 at 01:39 AM.

Sally M. Bode

Sally,
    You are an individual, and certainly not average.
    ron

Excellent job Sally! Will you be driving it to the Inland Empire anytime soon?

I'd have a good thing if I had one, like many, am an armchair traveler, and Google is a great help in finding images to draw.

Don't get down to the Inland Empire often, last time came close the family and I saw a dinner show in Anaheim, and that wasn't all that close, just closer. Nearly choked on the air. How do you breathe down there. Ought to come up for air. The air here is suspicious, can't see it, imagine that!

Sally M. Bode