Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Flash!

Default Re: My first Flash!

Will you are very welcome. Sharing information and techniques helps all of us.

Paul it is a little hypnotic, isn't it
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Very cool WM (if I may call you WM).

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    That works nicely!
    Um, suggestion, if I may - using clipview would have kept the horizontal blingthing within the frame ..
    According to the Help file Clipview does not work with Flash. Quote:

Limitations:

Some Xara Xtreme features do not exist in the Macromedia Flash format:

Bitmap fills. Flash does not support repeat inverted tiling. Other fill features export correctly.

Conical fills, Diamond fills, Three-color fills, Four-color fills. These are simulated as they do not have an exact equivalent in Flash.

Brush stroking of lines.

Feathering.

Arrow heads and dash patterns on lines.

ClipView

You can export rollover buttons but only with one object as the button design. (That is, you cannot create rollover buttons with text on them.)

If you have overlapping bitmaps with transparency, you may find the colors brighten or 'solarize'.
    IP

Sorry the Help is wrong. Clipview does work and is a very important tool for Flash animation. Anywhere you require objects to come in from the side or top, or to shoot off, or to enlarge outside your main frame - that's when you'd use Clipview.
    IP

tellurian, as the top of that help page says that is for exporting static SWF files, so that page isn't relevant to animated Flash anyway. But as Charles said Clipviews are fine, so I'll see about updating that page and making it more obvious that it's talking about static SWF export.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    tellurian, as the top of that help page says that is for exporting static SWF files, so that page isn't relevant to animated Flash anyway. But as Charles said Clipviews are fine, so I'll see about updating that page and making it more obvious that it's talking about static SWF export.
    Ok, thanks - it is a bit confusing yes since it seems to the only reference to Flash in the help file.
    IP