Did anybody who makes a full flash site ever read about accessibility? Or usability?

Not everyone who wants to visit a web-page does this with ie, firefox, opera or another "regular" browser. Some people have disabilities, are blind, have problems with viewing colored sites or don't have the technical eqipment with them (palm, mobile phone ...). Don't forget all the older persons which can't read letters in 5 or 6 pixels height. I'm not talking about some, but about over 40% of the internet-users!

Have you ever tried to print or save flash-sites? You can manage this with actionscript, I know, but how many designers will? Most of time you'll receive a print of a big graphic. Super!

I live in Germany and over here there's a changing to pages that follow the suggestions of the w3c with XHTML and CSS. Not nice-looking sites for some, but good-looking and accessible sites for everyone. The changing of the official sites to accessible ones over here shall be done until 2008/2009. Alternative readers like braille, voice-readers etc. should be possible as well as pure text-viewing, switchable colors for the handicaped or changing the font-size by the viewer himself.

I have made some pure-flash-sites by myself. Meanwhile there are almost always additional "classical" HTML/CSS-sites to guarantee the accessability. More work with making them (everything has to be done twice) and keeping them alive. Or - the better way - make classical sites with a little bit flash. Only for the pieces, that can be made only (or in best way) with flash.

Though I am gladly not handicaped myself (except the small fonts that I have problems to see right), please think of the others, that are. And don't refuse them to get the informations you have. Make clear, accessible sites. They can be nice-looking too - believe me!

P.S. If you are interested in this theme, search for it with google (or any other search tool) or look at wikipedia or at w3.org for the "Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)". You'll be surprised about all the subjects of the Accessibility.