Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'm a great Xara fan since I tried Xara Studio included in PC Plus disks a few years ago. I bougth all the versions of Xara since till now (X included). This is a fantastic application and you can do almost anything with it. From titles to video to very complex illustrations. Compared to Corel, Designer, Illustrator, Freehand and other vectorial contenders, Xara is a vanguardist program. But there's a point I believe you should considerer go deep. I mean producing color separations and the steps to do it. In a Mac market, considering output bureaus, there's allways some problems and resistence. Although I managed through the years to do a lot of work there seems to be allways limitations.
    Going directly to the subject I want to ask you:
    1) Everything you can do with XaraX and Xara 2.0 is "outputable" to color separations? Sometimes some effects do not appear, sometimes do.

2) What about importing images in CMYK? I made some output from Xara 2.0 and the photos were noticeably "whashed".

3) Imagine you do a very nice add or whatever in Xara 2.0 or XaraX and want exactly to see what you made outputed and printed professionaly. What is the advise of Pros like Gary and Chris? What about a nice technically deep tutorial? I know this is a "looooooonnnnnng" subject! But it is an essential one for professional graphic designers.

4) In my country I've been along the years for sure a enthousiast of Xara and told about it to many of my friends. Everybody get's crazy with the program but ask...what if I need to output to color separations whitout any problem at all?
    Well...this seems not to be an exact science with Xara 2.0 (I've not tried with X yet).

What's the true? Does the program really does it
    or am I getting non cooperative people from bureaus who only like and know how to work with a
    Mac?

Again, congratulations for all the people who wrote this application. It is a superb piece of software. In my opinion the possibility of doing
    free shape containers for text would have been a must in Xara X. Maybe next time...

Yours Sincerely

Emanuel

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP

I'm a great Xara fan since I tried Xara Studio included in PC Plus disks a few years ago. I bougth all the versions of Xara since till now (X included). This is a fantastic application and you can do almost anything with it. From titles to video to very complex illustrations. Compared to Corel, Designer, Illustrator, Freehand and other vectorial contenders, Xara is a vanguardist program. But there's a point I believe you should considerer go deep. I mean producing color separations and the steps to do it. In a Mac market, considering output bureaus, there's allways some problems and resistence. Although I managed through the years to do a lot of work there seems to be allways limitations.
    Going directly to the subject I want to ask you:
    1) Everything you can do with XaraX and Xara 2.0 is "outputable" to color separations? Sometimes some effects do not appear, sometimes do.

2) What about importing images in CMYK? I made some output from Xara 2.0 and the photos were noticeably "whashed".

3) Imagine you do a very nice add or whatever in Xara 2.0 or XaraX and want exactly to see what you made outputed and printed professionaly. What is the advise of Pros like Gary and Chris? What about a nice technically deep tutorial? I know this is a "looooooonnnnnng" subject! But it is an essential one for professional graphic designers.

4) In my country I've been along the years for sure a enthousiast of Xara and told about it to many of my friends. Everybody get's crazy with the program but ask...what if I need to output to color separations whitout any problem at all?
    Well...this seems not to be an exact science with Xara 2.0 (I've not tried with X yet).

What's the true? Does the program really does it
    or am I getting non cooperative people from bureaus who only like and know how to work with a
    Mac?

Again, congratulations for all the people who wrote this application. It is a superb piece of software. In my opinion the possibility of doing
    free shape containers for text would have been a must in Xara X. Maybe next time...

Yours Sincerely

Emanuel

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
    IP