Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Spot Colors/CD9

I am a new user to CD9 so maybe I am just overlooking something. Can you print spot color seperations with CD9. I have only been able to print CMYK. Are there specific types of graphics (eps,tiff,ai,etc...)that will print as spot colors? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Also, is there a recommended training CD or book that might be of help in the future?

Thanks for a site like this!!!
    Heidi
    IP

I am a new user to CD9 so maybe I am just overlooking something. Can you print spot color seperations with CD9. I have only been able to print CMYK. Are there specific types of graphics (eps,tiff,ai,etc...)that will print as spot colors? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Also, is there a recommended training CD or book that might be of help in the future?

Thanks for a site like this!!!
    Heidi
    IP

Heidi.
    Take a look at:

http://www.donvalleygraphics.com/tut...title-page.htm

Don Hamilton [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

Heidi,

You need to be working from a fixed color palette, e.g., Pantone Matching System, where every color listed will print on its own plate when color separated.

Click on the Fill Tool, then on the fill dialogue button, then on the Fixed palettes tab, then open the drop down list and pick Pantone Matching and pick a color or if you know the specific number of the Pantone color you are looking for you can just type it into the color name box in the lower right hand corner. Or you can click on Window>Color Pallettes>Pantone Matching and that palette will be added next to the default CMYK pallete.

Almost any graphic file type can contain spot colors but only if it was colored as such, and Draw can import and export them. Most clip art, like those that came with Draw, are all process color (CMYK).

I see Don has some great info on his site.

Hope this helps.

Craig
    IP