Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Got so caught up in the last post, I almost forgot my own question!

Just recently I've run into a problem editing bitmaps from draw, in that the "edit bitmap" option is grayed out. Have I changed some dumb setting I should have left alone??? I did put Draw10 on this machine...different partition and am using both. Could that have cause it?

Dean
    IP

Got so caught up in the last post, I almost forgot my own question!

Just recently I've run into a problem editing bitmaps from draw, in that the "edit bitmap" option is grayed out. Have I changed some dumb setting I should have left alone??? I did put Draw10 on this machine...different partition and am using both. Could that have cause it?

Dean
    IP

I don't really have an answer for you, but sometimes when a post goes unanswered for this long I feel obligated to offer a non-answer.

Although most programs allow you to change the default installation folder, it's been my experience that programmers are human and sometimes don't cover all the lines of code that might insist on looking in the default location. Therefore I always accept the default location, and I think trying to use two versions simultaneously is like straddling a fence. Sooner or later you're going to get hurt.
    IP

Is it in Draw 10 that "edit bitmap" is greyed out?
    If you only installed Draw10 and not PhotoPaint10 then the option would probably be greyed out, I don't have 10 yet so I'm not sure. As you probably know when you select "edit bitmap" Draw starts up PhotoPaint with the selected bitmap open. Even if you have PhotoPaint9 installed Draw10 will be looking for PhotoPaint10 hence it will be greyed out if not installed. I hope this makes sense and is some help.
    Joe
    Joe
    http://www.therealperth.com
    An independent guide to Perth, Scotland
    IP

Ziggy (and Joe, too)

I appreciate the "no-response". I had pretty much given up. When I don't get a response, I assume I have one of those really off-the-wall incidents. And so it is with this one. Yesterday morning, I was working on a file and without thinking about it, I pulled down the bitmap menu..."edit" was available and it worked! Works in CD9 and 10 both. Trust me, it DID NOT WORK for a couple of weeks and I don't have a clue what happened. Well...it IS a computer, isn't it!

Thanks...Dean [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    IP