Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What's up with saving after adding borders?

Hey'a Guys,

Ok, I'm fairly new to Corel psp. For the most part, I find it very user friendly (for someone who doesn't specialize in graphics, and hates to read the manual!). However, this problem has been bugging me since I started with PSP.

I open an image. I add a border, and then I go to save it. So I click on save, and then click on the close window x at the right near the top of the window. I then get a dialog box that asks me if I want to save the changes made to the image (Whaaa??? Didn't I just like save the image??), and so I choose yes, and then attempt to close the image again, and then the same dialog box appears, and I go round in circles...grrrr. If I save it as a different file format, then it's fine. I know this is not a bug, and just a matter of me not knowing how to do it, but I can't find the answer in the manual anywhere. So, please.....save me, from ineffectual savings....lol.

Thanks,

Michaela
    IP

Default Re: What's up with saving after adding borders?

Quote Originally Posted by Acoustics4me View Post
    Hey'a Guys,

Ok, I'm fairly new to Corel psp. For the most part, I find it very user friendly (for someone who doesn't specialize in graphics, and hates to read the manual!). However, this problem has been bugging me since I started with PSP.

I open an image. I add a border, and then I go to save it. So I click on save, and then click on the close window x at the right near the top of the window. I then get a dialog box that asks me if I want to save the changes made to the image (Whaaa??? Didn't I just like save the image??), and so I choose yes, and then attempt to close the image again, and then the same dialog box appears, and I go round in circles...grrrr. If I save it as a different file format, then it's fine. I know this is not a bug, and just a matter of me not knowing how to do it, but I can't find the answer in the manual anywhere. So, please.....save me, from ineffectual savings....lol.

Thanks,

Michaela
    I think you will find what it is asking, is not do you want to save the image but do you want to save the Corel psp file ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Hey'a Intbel,

Thanks for your reply. It doesn't reallly make sense to me though (sorry...lol). Just to clarify my situation, the pic I am working on is a jpeg. I add a border to it in psp. I click save. It looks like it's being saved. But when I go to close the programme I get another dialog box 'save changes to xxxxx.jpg?' If I click 'yes' the dialog box closes, but my jpeg is still open in psp. I can't actually close the photo unless I save it as a different file extension. Now in other editing programmes, you usually can just add your border. Click on save, and close the picture, and when you open it next time, it's a normal jpeg, and shows the border.

In corel psp however, at this point in the process, I can't get rid of the bordered jpeg from my screen unless I choose, 'no' from the dialog box which asks me if I want to save the changes. And if I choose 'no' then the photo closes. I then look in the folder where the photo is kept, and there is a tmp file there (which obviously has the newly edited version with the border, but which is useless to me as I just want the jpeg with the border) but no jpeg of the newly bordered picture. If I again open jpeg photo I put the border around, it shows no border (no edits have been saved!). Eek.

Michaela
    IP

Sorry - I am now as confused as you are.
    Sally is the Corel whizz ... I'll have a word in her shell-like and mebbe she can help.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP