Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Transparent backround in flash animation?

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    Gary: Thanks, but I already did that as you can see...
    Raymond : now tell me how I can cheat, as my little flash movie says! Or did you mean what Gary wrote about the backround making the same colour?
    Egg: This is what I meant, thank you
    Yup, make the background the same colour as the page on which it is to be placed like wot you did.

I often do that with animated gifs as well especially for my own site so when folks nick 'em they are browned off when they find they have a 'orrible yellow backgound which doesn't fit in with their own colour scheme.

I choose my colours for a reason ..

"Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

My flash and html knowledge are nonexistent, but I did remember something called wmode=transparent. It's supposed to make flash animations exhibit a transparent background when it appears on the top of your webpage. Perhaps someone more experienced can shed more light on this?
    IP

Default Test file for swf transparency

OK, here's a quickie html page cooked up in PI. I embedded the swf file used in this topic. It came out non-transparent on the generated page. Added the parameter wmode and value "transparent" after the head tags, then added the wmode="transparent" on the properties of the embedded swf file. It worked here.
    Unzip the html page and the image folder on the same directory to open the page properly.
    Google for "Flash transparency"
    The instructions were there on the first link of the Google list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

<param name="wmode" value="transparent"> wouldn't work on mac screens but maybe now it does in osx. Useful for when you have flash movies displayed over a jpeg background on the page, and it doesn't create the 'fringe' you get with a gif.
    The wmode=transparent modifier appears inside both the object and the embed tags.

A couple of corrections to the example...
    - <param> needs no closing </param> tag
    - place the <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> within the object tag, rather than outside it.
    To make it clearer, heres an example of placement script for a swf.. note the forum software might renedr some strange icons in the code:

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="325" height="525" hspace="0" vspace="0" align="left">
    <param name="movie" value="images/heron_fishfly.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <embed src="images/heron_fishfly.swf" width="325" height="525" hspace="0" vspace="0" align="left" quality="high" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Q
    IP

Thanks to both of you, that is interesting and moreover, useful.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Thanks for that Gman,

I've seen those wmode settings but never gone into them. In fact Flash 8 has a Windowless Transparent option which makes more sense.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP