Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Flash

When creating animated gifs, I always felt that the layer gallery was backwards - having the next animated frame added on top, instead of below. That your first frame was now at the bottom and last frame on top. It would be like having the animated frames run right to left if it were horizontal. Now it's like a film strip, with the first frame at the top, last frame at bottom.

For illustrations, having a new layer added on top makes sense and even then that new layer may be re-inserted between two previous layers. But for animation, the next frame would follow the previous frame and not before. So I guess I'm one who likes this switch.

Not having any experience in Flash animation software, this addition to Xtreme is a plus. For making animated banners and graphics to spice up what would normally be a static web page. So much better than animated gifs and easier to do too. I was surprised at how easy it was.

Last edited by Bob Hahn; 18 November 2006 at 12:07 AM.
    •Bob

I did another for my sister-in-law's future site. It's easy to get carried away with these animations

•Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn View Post
    I did another for my sister-in-law's future site. It's easy to get carried away with these animations
    Very nice animation, how many frames did it take to create it?

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Very nice animation, how many frames did it take to create it?
    Thanks! The hahn-creations one has 14 frames.
    •Bob

wow definately cool!
    i do want to do cartoon animations w/ lipsynch etc... so xara pro i still will want but we'll see what the upgrade option costs

RonC

This may sound stupid but is this a upgrade or can i buy this from my account with xara ? Ok found it ,i like this alot cant wait to get my hands on the reg version thats for sure !!!!!!!!!Thank you xara and everyone on here you make life so easy!!One thing can the plugins i got be used in flash as well ,i got eye candy and alienskin as well !!!!Just a thought!

thanks simon
    Last edited by bulldog_no1; 20 November 2006 at 06:59 AM.

Familiarising myself with Xara's new Flash components ... having the time of my life ...

Attached Files Attached Files
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn View Post
    Thanks! The hahn-creations one has 14 frames.
    This is really attractive. In regard to the star rising from left to fade...I know how to make it fade, but is there a trick to get it behind the text, or is it something simple that I'm just not catching?
    ---
    Will

Intbel,

I even tried to enter my credit card number for you, but you wouldnt take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallis View Post
    Intbel,

I even tried to enter my credit card number for you, but you wouldnt take it!

Send it via pm ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.