Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Give us a button to reverse the order then we'll all be happy.
    Reversing the order of around, say, up to twenty frames is okay, but when you have a hundred of 'em 'tis a royal pain.
    How about left to right frames set? Sounds much more obvious not only because it's the way it's used in most of the animation programs but also because it's easier to scroll left and right instead of up and down in case you have too many frames. This way you can create several layers with different animation on each (i.e. top layer has one set of frames and layer 2 has second set of frames).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	4063 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	32227  

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    How about left to right frames set? Sounds much more obvious not only because it's the way it's used in most of the animation programs but also because it's easier to scroll left and right instead of up and down in case you have too many frames. This way you can create several layers with different animation on each (i.e. top layer has one set of frames and layer 2 has second set of frames).
    I agree having multiple layers would be most useful.
    VERY USEFUL

Mr Moir ???
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

When creating animated gifs, I always felt that the layer gallery was backwards - having the next animated frame added on top, instead of below. That your first frame was now at the bottom and last frame on top. It would be like having the animated frames run right to left if it were horizontal. Now it's like a film strip, with the first frame at the top, last frame at bottom.

For illustrations, having a new layer added on top makes sense and even then that new layer may be re-inserted between two previous layers. But for animation, the next frame would follow the previous frame and not before. So I guess I'm one who likes this switch.

Not having any experience in Flash animation software, this addition to Xtreme is a plus. For making animated banners and graphics to spice up what would normally be a static web page. So much better than animated gifs and easier to do too. I was surprised at how easy it was.

Last edited by Bob Hahn; 17 November 2006 at 11:07 PM.
    •Bob

I did another for my sister-in-law's future site. It's easy to get carried away with these animations

•Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn View Post
    I did another for my sister-in-law's future site. It's easy to get carried away with these animations
    Very nice animation, how many frames did it take to create it?

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    Very nice animation, how many frames did it take to create it?
    Thanks! The hahn-creations one has 14 frames.
    •Bob

wow definately cool!
    i do want to do cartoon animations w/ lipsynch etc... so xara pro i still will want but we'll see what the upgrade option costs

RonC

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hahn View Post
    Thanks! The hahn-creations one has 14 frames.
    This is really attractive. In regard to the star rising from left to fade...I know how to make it fade, but is there a trick to get it behind the text, or is it something simple that I'm just not catching?
    ---
    Will

Default layers and scrub bar in preview

Love the simple small file flash animation in Xara,
    great quick tool to make nice fading backgrounds and banners and
    the file output size is wonderful..

I`d love a scrub bar to move through the preview faster to check
    the part of the animation I want to check, as when the animation gets
    long it becomes a drag whenever I want to preview (and preview often) and wait until it gets to the part I want to watch, scrub bar to move through it to that part?

layers would rock,

I`d love to be able to warp and morph vector shapes actually, that would be a huge deal for cartooning..

so be able to adjust the position of nodes (points) from keyframe to keyframe,
    not add more points or delete them, as this might require more file size? (obvious I`m not a programmer) but be able to pull existing points around on the vector shapes path to adjust the shape,

right now I do the warping by grouping the shape and then stretching squashing it that way..

Also in illustrator they have this tool punk/bloat/nudge?
    where you can push against a shape and it nudges the shape around,
    like putty, not sure how to describe it..and a twirl tool which is way narly!!

um...can we get that, ...I know theres more important issues to address,
    just asking hehe..

looking forward for more to come with flash capabilities...

Testing:

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 24 September 2008 at 12:52 AM.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer