Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara Xtreme Flash

This forum is specifically to discuss, demonstrate and answer questions relating to the new Flash animation feature of Xara Xtreme Pro

We have taken a new simpler approach to Flash animation and are including some simple, but really effective Flash animation capabilities. This is based on the animated GIF features that Xara X has had for many years.

So yes, Xara can now create fully animated, high quality, ultra-compact, very smooth Flash animation files (.swf)

The Adobe Flash player has absolute market dominance (something like a claimed 97% installed base), but the Flash authoring tools are not only expensive, they are renowned for being difficult to use and learn.

Flash is vector graphics based - and guess what's the best vector graphics editor around?

So really it's an obvious match. It's easier and quicker to draw vector graphics in Xara Xtreme than with any other tool and now it's easier to create Flash animations too.

We're not claiming this Flash feature is advanced, in the sense it does not support scripting, audio or embedded video. But it can certainly produce Flash files that are very effective and very, very compact.

This opens Xara up to a whole new sector of the market - and we hope will introduce a whole new audience to Xara. If you want to create Flash animations, want some of the easiest to use drawing tools to do it, and can't face the learning curve of alternatives, or cost of the full Adobe Flash authoring solution, there is now a new solution: Xara Xtreme Pro.

Warning - before you just jump in we really recommend you read the Flash Animation section of the Help. There are some key things you need to understand before you start. The Help includes a really simple step-by-step first example.

Default Re: Xara Xtreme Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir View Post
    This forum is specifically to discuss, demonstrate and answer questions relating to the new Flash animation feature of Xara Xtreme Pro
    I have tested out several animations with and without text, in colour and in monochrome, big ones, small ones and some as big as yer 'ead.

Perfect for website banners and file sizes are good.

Smooth as silk .. congratulations.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

I expected a timeline, and the fact that the frames are reversed still bugs me...

I expected a timeline, and the fact that the frames are reversed still bugs me...
    Availor ~ You, like myself, are an owner and user of Flash, therefore we see the "peculiarity" of freeze frame implementation to produce swf files as very strange. But I think you have to bear in mind that Xtreme is not trying to BECOME another version of Flash or Swish, but rather give those owners of Xtreme who don't own Flash/Swish the opportunity to create compact swf files. No, it's not an all singing all dancing swf editor with actionscript etc. I'm sure it was never intended to be.

As for the reversed frames I'm with you. It seems stupid having the background frame at the top, but perhaps it's what we're used to.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 16 November 2006 at 11:34 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I agree with you both. I was used to the Frame gallery in the original order, and it made a certain sense to me: new frames and new layers stacked on top; you built upwards like a building. I find myself sometimes re-ordering the frame list now. But as you note, it's a case of being used to something and I'm sure we can re-train ourselves.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Flash works the way of the old frame gallery, click new layer and it's placed on top of the current one. Similarly I expect animators drew an image, then overlayed another acetate on TOP and drew the next scene. I just don't understand this reversal. No great problem, just strange.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

"Can't teach an old dog new tricks"

Add the onion skin to the fuss and you get a very annoyed and frustrated user trying to make an animation
    I got confused, but I'm sure I'll get over it, still I don't understand the reason being.

Isn't Xara supposed to be user friendly, and every novice user knows that anything new should be on top (layer, frame, folder, shape etc), so why change that?

It seems obvious to everyone: If you put a shape and then another shape on top of it - if you want to subtract the shapes then it is obvious that the top shape will be subtracted from the lower one. Same here.

As simple as 2+2=5

Quote Originally Posted by AntonyF View Post
    I find myself sometimes re-ordering the frame list now.
    Give us a button to reverse the order then we'll all be happy.
    Reversing the order of around, say, up to twenty frames is okay, but when you have a hundred of 'em 'tis a royal pain.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    Give us a button to reverse the order then we'll all be happy.
    Reversing the order of around, say, up to twenty frames is okay, but when you have a hundred of 'em 'tis a royal pain.
    How about left to right frames set? Sounds much more obvious not only because it's the way it's used in most of the animation programs but also because it's easier to scroll left and right instead of up and down in case you have too many frames. This way you can create several layers with different animation on each (i.e. top layer has one set of frames and layer 2 has second set of frames).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	4023 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	32227  

Quote Originally Posted by Availor View Post
    How about left to right frames set? Sounds much more obvious not only because it's the way it's used in most of the animation programs but also because it's easier to scroll left and right instead of up and down in case you have too many frames. This way you can create several layers with different animation on each (i.e. top layer has one set of frames and layer 2 has second set of frames).
    I agree having multiple layers would be most useful.
    VERY USEFUL

Mr Moir ???