Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Egg shaped globe

Can anyone look at this file and tell me why the exported swf file comes out oblong? Also, I've gone over and over the first frame and I can't find anything that is feathered. So why does it keep telling me that frame 1 has feathering that's not supported?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer
    IP

Default Re: Egg shaped globe

Hi,
    Not an expert on swishMax or flash but the shape for the globe is no true circle in my estimation. Try creating a circle before grouping. Looks like you have created circle shape from a rounded rectangle.
    rotateglobe.swf
    Jim
    Last edited by Scotty; 20 September 2008 at 08:10 PM.
    IP

That's just it, I created it from a circle, but when I clipviewed the objects to the background I ended up with this odd shape. Remember, this is flash I'm doing, not GIF.

Ok, I found the feathering and removed that, but the irregular shaped elipse still exists.

I've attached the file again.
    Last edited by Ron Duke; 20 September 2008 at 10:13 PM.

Xara's Facebook

IP

Hi,
    Oh I edited your SWf file in Swishmax2 and corrected the circle didn't realize you created it in Extreme! Sorry..
    I usually mock up in Xara Xtreme then import inot swishMax and create the animations. I will try yours in Xara them swishmax OK
    Jim
    IP

Lightbulb Re: Egg shaped globe

Ron,

Okay, you've piqued my interest.

The 'squared view' seems have something to do with the rectangular masking strip with the 'hole'. I took the holed strip and cut it into three individual shapes as shown below. I changed it to two different colors so it wouldn't be invisible in this post. That seems to have fixed the 'out of round' problem. I'm not exactly sure, yet, what caused the problem. It could be due to the subtracted/sliced hole in the rectangle or the hole not being centered in the rectangular strip. More playing around is required. If I had to guess, I'd lean more toward the subtracted/sliced hole being the problem rather than the hole being off center.

IHTH,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glass globe masking strip.png 
Views:	349 
Size:	1.7 KB 
ID:	52237  
    Last edited by HayTay; 20 September 2008 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Figured out how to imbed the Flash animation in the post. WooHoo!!!
    IP

Hi,
    Nice job Hay tay(sp) Itried but didn't think of the rectangle. The cause was the rectangle being wider then the draw board..so when viewe the player scrunched the rectangle with the hole to fit, this distorting the circle.
    JIm
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    How can I keep my flash file (above globe) in tact but remove all the excess blue area? I just want a small boxed area surrounding the globe to show.
    Ron,

You need to do two or three things...

1. If you're trying to match the background color for TG, you've got the wrong values for the named color 'background' in your XAR file. The color you have set is for the thread header color (HSV: 229.6, 19, 243 / RGB: 245, 245, 255). The color you want is for the thread body and should be HSV: 239.7, 10, 255 / RGB: 245, 245, 255.

2. Edit the width=256 height=256 section of the line of BB code you use when embedding your flash file in your post. Play around with the values until you're happy with the results.

3. Change the size of the rectangle you're using to clip the animation in the XAR file before applying the Clip View tool.

Cheers,
    Harry
    IP

Thanks guys,
    Yes, cutting the large rectangle into three pieces did the trick for me too. I wonder why that is, but anyway, it worked. Thanks again.

By the way, does anyone know if a swf file can be used for an avatar here?

Xara's Facebook

IP

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Hi,
    Nice job Hay tay(sp) Itried but didn't think of the rectangle. The cause was the rectangle being wider then the draw board..so when viewe the player scrunched the rectangle with the hole to fit, this distorting the circle.
    JIm
    Jim,

Thanks for the info. I was off playing with the background colors, clip view mask, viewable flash size and less background space issues Ron was also having. Your confirmation that it was the rectangle width that was causing the 'squarecle' will save me from fiddling around with holes in a rectangle and rectangle sizes.

Good job! A pat on the back everyone!

L8r,
    Harry
    IP

Ok,
    Now that that's fixed I've developed another problem. When I preview the swf file it looks perfect, with no errors listed. However, when I open the exported swf file to view it in infranview the yellow land does not show, but everything else does.?????? I've attached the file again if anyone can help me with this problem.

Last edited by Soquili; 21 September 2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: added code to display swf file

Xara's Facebook

IP