Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default First Xara effort

Finally got a chance to tinker about with my trial version of Xara. It's not gonna win any awards but it's a start. The British submarine Upholder of the 'U' class which saw service in the Mediterranean. I'm normally not big on mechanical subjects but I've always been fascinated by submarines. Especially the cranky World War Two diesel variety.

Default Re: First Xara effort

Ringtail,

That's an excellent submarine. I bet the propellors were a bitch to draw.

Regarding the White Ensign, the Union Flag part of it seems to have got flipped backwards. You'll have every matelot on your tail if you don't correct it. Also the blue is a bit darker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	250 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	31923  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ringtail, great job!
    Well? Well? Well? I'm dying to know what an artist such as yourself thinks of Xara right from the start! Tell us your first impressions and then as time goes on you can add to/change your views.
    -=Bob=-

Ringtail, I like your technique. It seems as if there are many details yet it's very simple. I'd love to learn a similar drawing technique.

Ringtail that is great for your first attempt at Xara.

I can't wait until a few months later until you get used to Xara, then what will you be drawing ?
    Whizz Kid "Or so he says"

Oops!...okay I went in and tweaked the White Ensign a bit. Leave to a Yank to flub a flag.

Actually Xara isn't all that different from CorelDraw in many respects. I love the bevel tool. The hardest part was figuring out how to use the blend tool properly. I'm also looking for a way to add cusps points using the pen tool. In CorelDraw you did that by hitting the "c" key. I really need to sit down and patiently read the workbook instead of bangin' my head against the screen like I usually do.

In any case here's a silly submarine in follow-up to the serious one.

Last edited by Ringtail; 11 November 2006 at 11:25 PM.