Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Lines

Default TV Lines

How do you go about creating the backgroud like this? I tried using the two color bitmap fill but keep getting black and white rather than gray and black like this image.

Thanks!

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.gif 
Views:	334 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	31836  

Default Re: TV Lines

I needed to do something similar once, and in the end simply made it from a line. Make one line with the shape tool (hold ctrl for locking to horizont), set line width & color, set vertical duplication (horizontal to 0) distance to 2 x line width (line width dialog accepts pixels as unit (pix), but for some stupid reason always displays in points. Ctrl+shift+O opens the options dialog, duplication distance is on the General-page. Ctrl+d duplicates

Probably there are also other ways to do this.

Further to Jons suggestions, this type of thing looks a lot crisper if you work in whole pixel units.

Set up your grid so it's either in 1 or 2 pixel units and then Snap to grid. Due to the Pt problem I find it best to work with the rectangle tool. You're not going to want strokes/lines on your shapes, so before you start to draw right click in the checkered box on the colour line to set the default to no stroke.

Now use the rectangle tool to draw your shapes, letting them snap to grid. Then use the linear fills or linear transparencies to get the highlights.

I attach a xar file for you to pull apart.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

This is a fairly simple job of creating the grey feild (using the color picker from the color editor box to select the grey from your image) and adding black rectangles (I prefer working with shapes rather than lines as I have more control over them) I put one rectangle over the top bar, one over the bottom and did a blend of (I think) 23 steps. I then applied a slight feather to the rectangles just to match the slightly softer look of the image you provided.. this isn't required. The rest I just threw on there real quick with some basic rectangel shapes and mulitcolor linear fills.

I've attached a screen shot of what I did and the xara file for you to look at. Hope it helps.

J

Name:	header.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	31839  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks all, these are all great! However is there not a way to change the colors of the 2 color bitmap fills to do the same thing?

Dan

there is, you can add color by dragging and dropping color lines on the color direction arrow.. but, it will be imprecise, hard to edit and at best will give a muddy feel.

J

If you fill your object and then make a bitmap copy of it, you can change the fill and line colors on the bitmap to change the color of the lines and the spaces between the lines.

You might be able to set things the way you want to that way.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Odat View Post
    If you fill your object and then make a bitmap copy of it, you can change the fill and line colors on the bitmap to change the color of the lines and the spaces between the lines.

You might be able to set things the way you want to that way.
    Ok let's try this again. If I create a BLACK rectangle, and select the fill tool and drag and drop the two color CROSSH6GIF to the black square I get a black background with white lines.

If I then create a BITMAP copy, I do what to get the white lines to be now gray?

Dan

I drew a set of lines. the first an last were 1 point and the middle lines were 2 points. I made the lines white and made a bitmap copy over a black object.

This entered the image in the bitmap gallery. I selected my image and opened the bitmap gallery, select the line image and hit transparent. I drew a rainbow filled object behind.

The spacing is adjustable as a transparency.

Rich

Name:	Lines.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	31845  

Couldn't the Xtreme live effect, Redfield - Lattice Composer, do this very quickly?

Name:	lattice.gif 
Views:	266 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	31858  
    Last edited by Telovne; 09 November 2006 at 08:29 PM.