Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Veg

Default Re: Veg

THAT did it!!! Excellento!!!! I love it!!

Nice work!

This my be my favorite image of yours Derek, for sure in the top 3. Wonderful work. tim

Derek...

I have to agree with the others. Awesome picture. And one of the things I particularly admire, that I didn't see anyone else comment on, is the background. Instead of being just a plain solid color, or even a texture, there are things half-seen or just hinted at. This kind of work really shows the power in this software, and inspires some of the rest of us to work harder!

I haven't seen any of your work that I didn't like, but this one is really special. I could picture it framed, hanging in my dining room!
    ---
    Will

Will
    and everyone else for that matter, many thanks for the good words.
    I'd post the xar file for anyone interested in grabbing and printing it but at a little under 20mb it might be a bit large.
    My favorite image that I've done recently is the 'comical' self portrait thats currently used as an avatar, I output this at A3 and it hangs in my hallway to scare visitors, though I will print out the current masterpiece to see what it looks like once I'm sure its finished, theres still lots of little bits that I'm sure could be better.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    ...theres still lots of little bits that I'm sure could be better.
    Derek
    LOL...Isn't it always the way with artists? Never satisfied with our own work. When I'm working on an oil painting, the hardest thing for me is knowing when to quit!

And with watercolors, it is really hard to have the discipline to stop before everything turns to mud. I wish my watercolors had an "undo" button...
    ---Will

Well done, very well done. Wonderful image.

And Will, it is sure the hardest thing to know when to call enough done, enough. Or one last thing and the program crashes. I've come to with working underdeadlines to prefer a small flaw to work that didn't get out on time. However, working at home, still want to work the living daylights out of it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

I work with deadlines on most of what I do day to day and its difficult to switch off and accept that you can take your time with somethings. I think I subconsciously reach a point with many things I do where I switch off and say that will have to do even when I could put it aside and finish it next week if you wanted too.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Logo Kid View Post
    I am a learned man and irony is delicious.
    I think a bit of humility and understanding may be things you have yet to learn, and that is ironic for a supposedly learned man.

I don't like all of the stuff that appears on the forums, but I can appreciate that people do like things I don't like and often what I think is superb will provoke a yawn from others. The forums aren't some elitist masterclass.

Whatever we think, we can all learn here, whether it's artistic improvement, or just how to get along with our fellow man..

communication is about communicating how you feel and think not saying what you think the other person wants to here ... that's just mirroring

Derek, I'm curious how you work, do you set up a still life and create the image from that. or do you make individual images and then create the composition. Do you work off your "minds eye"? Do you make a rough sketch then work off of that?