Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Conflicts with Uninstall of Norton Antivirus

Today I uninstalled Norton Antivirus and installed AVG antivirus. Now when I attempt to open CorelDraw X3, it gives me an error message: "Unable to create a DOM document. Class not registered. Verify that MSXML4 is installed." This occurs even after uninstalling and re-installing. Help.
    IP

Default Re: Conflicts with Uninstall of Norton Antivirus

This has lots to do with the nature of anti-virus, I've never had much luck on programs to switch in mid stream to another anti-virus or even firewall. If I had to reformat and reinstall, then is the time to change virus protection. As it is, it is so much headache when nothing works that it is worth whatever I am not spending on the "other guy" software to maintain a working program with which I do business. Can't afford to be down.

My suggestion 1st is to go back with Windows to a snap shot of your hard drive when all was working and keep the Norton's for the meanwhile. If you didn't do this, well we all have that experience and hind sight is 20-20 for all of us.

2nd option, defrag and do everthing including scan disk, etc., to get you system tip top. When all is in order, I'd try it again.

Next I'd consult my trusted computer geek to solve all my computer woes. ( I have a son who specializes in computers .)

If all else fails, a fresh start really does solve loads of things. Your system has all your document files, back up all you need because theorhetically, you should be able to change anti-virus (though it hasn't worked for me) and it may be one of those symptoms of Windows XP needing a reinstall.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Here are a couple of useful places to visit. I uninstalled Norton a long time ago and had no problem continuing everything running smoothly.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...05033108162039

How do I completely uninstall Norton AntiVirus?:
    http://www.cit.cornell.edu/helpdesk/...nstallnav.html
    -=Bob=-
    IP

I was only able to resolve the issue by using a system restore and basically starting fresh with a re-install. Not my fist choice, but it worked. Thanks
    IP

I had the same problem and solved it by downloading and installing MSXML4.msi from microsoft.
    IP

Thanks John for letting the forum know the solution.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP