Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Neeewbie question *snief*: My bitmap only shows as a rectangle!

Hello guys,

can you pleeease tell me how i get a jpg, bmp, ... from xara xtreme to xara 3d

I really gone through the forum and watched the online tutorials. But I dont get it to insert the file into xara3d.. Arrrg

This was the best post imo
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=22337 You help all the guys with their logos and that is really great. But I want to get it on my own , I just need some hints, pleease.

I managed it to add a shapes to my graphic (Arrange==>Convert to editable shape), and when I make a copy of the shape in xara extreme it even duplicates the whole graphic as a shape in extreme, just as I want..

But when I try to insert it into X3d, it doesnt insert my graphic. I just opens a new square or sth like this....

Could you pleeease give me some hints what I'm obviously doing wrong?

kind regards

nadinsche

Default Re: Neeewbie question *snief*

welcome to the forum snief
    Just a quick reply I am just off to bed. Are you going to texture option in xara3d and loading texture? thats how you apply your .jpg picture Don't expect me to come back tonight im away

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    welcome to the forum snief
    Just a quick reply I am just off to bed. Are you going to texture option in xara3d and loading texture? thats how you apply your .jpg picture Don't expect me to come back tonight im away
    Norman need his beauty slepp, so to expand on that ...

X3D treats your shape as text ... so .. in the colour thingo, select text, then select texture, then import the jpg as a texture.

It should fit on the shape perfectly, if not, it can be adjusted to fit.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Hello and good morning ,

still fooling around with XaraXtreme and Xara3D.
    I guess I came a bit further with both programs. Really excellent tools.

Importing standard shapes makes no problem anymore. I just don't get it how I can make from a jpg.-file a vector-based filed in XaraXtreme.

Here's one of the graphics I want to import/edit in Xara3D

http://www.extremechix.net/Bilder/test2.gif.
    I watched the tutorial with the arrows importing in Xara3D but I dont get it

And I have a second question:
    How can I use in Xara3D several animations? For example, the default template has 2 lines of text. First line has another animation than the second line. I dont find the settings to it.

Xcuse me, maybe a dumb question, i guess it's really to late...

Thank you all for your patience with me

good night...

nadinsche

nadinsche2,

Welcome. I wish I had a pound for every time I've said this. A bitmap cannot be turned into a vector shape. (I lie but for practical purposes it's the truth)

You can't just select a bitmap in Xtreme and Arrange / Convert to editable shapes. If you import a bitmap into Xara3D it just shows a rectangle. To understand the difference between bitmaps & vectors CLICK HERE

So if you want to import a logo or any other shape into Xara3D you first need to draw it by hand in Xtreme (or any lesser vector drawing program) then import it.

I attach a xar file of part of your shape. Open it, select the shape, copy it to the clipboard, open Xara3D and paste.

Hope this get's you on your way.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    nadinsche2,

So if you want to import a logo or any other shape into Xara3D you first need to draw it by hand in Xtreme (or any lesser vector drawing program) then import it.

Hope this get's you on your way.
    Hello Egg,

thank you very much for your help. Now even I understand the difference between a bitmap and a vector based graphic

You shout put a thread like this as sticky, I guess the question comes up more often.

Omg, your attachment is really great. But you cannot tell me that you made this draw by hand

Is there a tool in Xtreme to get an exact vector-based copy of the graphic like you have in your attachment?

regards..;

nadinsche

Default Re: Neeewbie question *snief*: My bitmap only shows as a rectangle!

nadinsche2

Egg is probably out enjoying some fireworks at the moment (Guy Fawkes day here in the UK!)...

Yes, you *can* use the bitmap tracer tool in the Utilities menu, but you will get a better result if you recreate it - or use Egg's one, plus add a circle for the round bit. I'm not sure if you can include the stand in X3D - I assume you want that to stay still.

I wonder if you wanted the black thing to spin - like a fan? I'm not sure you can do this in X3D.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

OK,

this is what I got..
    Laughin is forbidden

http://www.extremechix.net/Bilder/test.jpg

Please remember:

I'm a gurlie and I use Xara Xtreme since yesterday

How did egg get this accuracy?

I drawn all the lines with the shape editor tool, but..errm...

At the moment I dunno what I want. Maybe a running wheel or sth. like this.

I'm just tryin to get deeper with Xtreme and 3D at the moment..

Thank's for your patience with me

nadinsche

Here's an Xtreme example for Xtreme Chix...
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:23 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Here you go nadinsche,

A video tut on YouTube. CLICK HERE to view it
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host