Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Stop & Post November 2006

Raymond
    Looking good. This has the potential to be one of the most interesting and character full drawings here for a long time.
    Persevere.
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Raymond
    Looking good. This has the potential to be one of the most interesting and character full drawings here for a long time.
    Persevere.
    Derek
    Thank you Derek.
    The rocks need to be rendered with more detail, the thatch ditto.
    The front wall also ... 'tis at total odds with the other.
    So .. lots more needs to be done yet ... this is turning into a marathon ...
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Here is a drawing done by Raymond Breakspear, and I really liked what he had done on the jacket and the pose, but the jacket was far too light, so I asked him if he minded I play around with it. He said "okies". So I worked off of the bitmap image and brought it to stage two. From there I finished it in PhotoPaint. Raymond said I had done enough work on it to take off the watermark. Well consider it a collaborative effort.

2nd star on the left and straight on until moring, eh, Raymond?

In my opinion, it is still his drawing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rfbbikepp.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	152.6 KB 
ID:	32090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rfbbike.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	32091  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rfbbikerorg.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	32092  
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Quote Originally Posted by sallybode View Post
    Here is a drawing done by Raymond Breakspear, and I really liked what he had done on the jacket and the pose, but the jacket was far too light, so I asked him if he minded I play around with it. He said "okies". So I worked off of the bitmap image and brought it to stage two. From there I finished it in PhotoPaint. Raymond said I had done enough work on it to take off the watermark. Well consider it a collaborative effort.
    2nd star on the left and straight on until moring, eh, Raymond?
    In my opinion, it is still his drawing.
    Very well done, Sally.
    Mebbe we should call you 'Wendy' sewing on shadows like that.
    (We know the whole thing is a stitch up anyway)

I have lots to learn about lighting and shading and you have been - are being - of great help.

Many thanks.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    Superbe farao, Nostaw !!!
    Thanks! Glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    I'm working on this 'still life', but I think it's still too dull. Any suggestions?
    The first thing jumps in my mind when looking at the picture are the Shadows: It seems to be daytime (looking at the blue sky in the background picture) but the shadows are long - this is impossible. In daytime the shadows are short(er), at down and dusk times the shadows get longer, that's because the sun is closer to the horizon. At midday the sun is above your head, so the shadow's are short and straight from the top. As brighter the sun is - as darker the shadows, for example on a cloudless summer day all shadows are deep dark. On a cloudy day shadows are very soft and less dark.
    The color of your Shadows are also black, colorful liquids in a glass drop shadows in similar colors of the liquid itself.

The bowl tells me something is not right in the picture, the light is coming from the left side while it should come really from the top. What material should the bowl be? It could be plastic, it has no highlights or texture. The bowl also looks a bit too small compared to the glasses, but I might be wrong.

The glasses could use some wet drops on the side, like it has just been served, inviting me to sit down and enjoy it Look for reference pictures!

In generel I don't think you have to change much, rather than just making it fit to the background.

It's one of the hardest thing you can do in CGI: add artificial/not existing objects into a real environment! For what you've done so far it's alreay pretty good i'd say, it's "just" the details to make it look real.

Sally - WOW! I like the upper left one. Intbel is looking kinda manly. I like the shadowing. You could add more chest hair though - for more macho thingy

Ahhh yes! Much better now the way I see it
    Quite a handsome fellow you are in the drawing. I think the macho thing suits you well (the leather jacket sure does)

I've also added some cooler shades to your eyes, and some rings that will suite a man in your status

Do you drive a motorcycle? It will sure suit you even better!

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	151.0 KB 
ID:	32098  

Forgot one important thing:

Name:	img.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	32099  

Open Sesame! its pantomime time

Name:	sesme.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	32100  
    Last edited by parahandy; 15 November 2006 at 11:18 AM.

Post Re: Stop & Post November 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Nostaw View Post
    Thanks! Glad you like it!

The first thing jumps in my mind when looking at the picture are the Shadows: It seems to be daytime (looking at the blue sky in the background picture) but the shadows are long - this is impossible. In daytime the shadows are short(er), at down and dusk times the shadows get longer, that's because the sun is closer to the horizon. At midday the sun is above your head, so the shadow's are short and straight from the top. As brighter the sun is - as darker the shadows, for example on a cloudless summer day all shadows are deep dark. On a cloudy day shadows are very soft and less dark.
    The color of your Shadows are also black, colorful liquids in a glass drop shadows in similar colors of the liquid itself.

The bowl tells me something is not right in the picture, the light is coming from the left side while it should come really from the top. What material should the bowl be? It could be plastic, it has no highlights or texture. The bowl also looks a bit too small compared to the glasses, but I might be wrong.

The glasses could use some wet drops on the side, like it has just been served, inviting me to sit down and enjoy it Look for reference pictures!

In generel I don't think you have to change much, rather than just making it fit to the background.

It's one of the hardest thing you can do in CGI: add artificial/not existing objects into a real environment! For what you've done so far it's alreay pretty good i'd say, it's "just" the details to make it look real.
    Thank you very much for your extended answer Nostaw I'm gonna see what I can do about the shadows and other stuff. I did this from memory, so I forgot those special live effects...When you have an example before your eyes, it's different.. I'll post the result later

And about The Intbel Portrait: Is this you Raymond?? I still thought you looked a bit like your avatar LOL! One little critic on the exellent additions from Availor: can't you make the chest hair a little bit smaller and softer ? Now it looks like the prickles of a porcupine !
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa