Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default display dynamic text from local xml file

can somebody tell me how to use actionscript to access and display the text inside a local file, such as a javascript or XML file?

Let's say the xml file on the hard disk is at C:/program files/directory/indentification.xml

And the dynamic text box in the flash movie would be containing the text between the <identification>myidnumberhere</identification> tags inside the xml file.

Can somebody help me with how this would be coded? The flash movie would run locally. Are there any special directories that would allow this to work smoothly, or would any directory work?
    IP

Default Re: display dynamic text from local xml file

Michael,

I don't think I could assist you with that. However does it need to be XML or Java? Wouldn't a simple text file suffice?

Perhaps if you could explain in a bit more detail what you're trying to achieve then we might be able to come up with a solution.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hello,

I probably cannot answer your question, but I can provide you some links you might find useful. I remember seeing a tutorial for what you ask.

If you haven't checked the tutorials thread, you can follow the link HERE.
    Another one is HERE
    IP

Thanks Egg and Availor. I appreciate your help.
    IP

In THIS tutorial you will be taught how to read xml from a play list file. I've bought this lesson and can tell you that it contains the following:

It will teach you how to create an mp3 player and read xml - artist name, song title.

If you are interested particulary in xml then maybe it's not worth paying for, but if you only want to grasp the basic functions of how to read from an xml file using actionscript, and create your own nifty looking mp3 player then it's worth the money. I can say I've bought more than half the lessons from this website and I never had second thoughts.

If you want further information I can tell you what the lesson contains.
    IP