Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Could someone make this a 3D image and make it spin for me? :-)

Cools,

I recreated your shield and I got as far as the untextured version. However soon as I tried to apply the texture Xara3D6 crashed.

Here's as far as I got.

Perhaps someone else could try applying a texture (any texture causes a crash for me) and see if you can duplicate it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cools_ani.gif 
Views:	290 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	31993  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Perhaps someone else could try applying a texture (any texture causes a crash for me) and see if you can duplicate it.
    Done.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Intbel; 13 November 2006 at 11:09 AM.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Raymond,

Thanks. Did applying a texture crash Xara3D? I suppose not as you've got it to work. Did you do anything to the xar file?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Raymond,
    Thanks. Did applying a texture crash Xara3D? I suppose not as you've got it to work. Did you do anything to the xar file?
    I used your 3D file with no changes.
    Exported transp. gif from your .xar file for the texture without changes.
    Exported the X3D file as transparent anim gif, imported it into Xtreme so's to give it a background so's I could post it here as not-transparent 'cos transparent files are larger.

No crashes ..

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

Cheers Intbel,

I only tried png's. Just tried a gif & it worked fine. perhaps it was coming up to some limit restriction. Thanks anyway.
    Egg

IP

Cheers Intbel,
    I only tried png's. Just tried a gif & it worked fine. perhaps it was coming up to some limit restriction. Thanks anyway.
    You're welcome.
    That is the way with Xara - whichever programme... doesn't like it when you get too heavy with bitmaps.
    That's how it seems to me ...

IP

Thumbs up Re: Could someone make this a 3D image and make it spin for me? :-)

Kudos to Egg and Intbel!! You guys are great! Thanks a bunch. I'm not sure why it's tilted though? Is it possible to get it to 360? or just have the mapleleaf spin?
    Thanks again!
    Cools
    IP

Here you go Cools. I haven't got the time to do alternative spins at the moment I'm afraid. By the way what is it the crest of?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 13 November 2006 at 09:45 PM.
    Egg

IP

Intbel,

Exported the X3D file as transparent anim gif, imported it into Xtreme so's to give it a background so's I could post it here as not-transparent 'cos transparent files are larger.
    I don't understand this. Why didn't you just export it straight out of Xara3D as Non Transparent?
    Egg

IP

Thanks Egg! I completely understand that you are a busy person and I appreciate what you have done for me. Since you asked, this is for a website that I volunteered to do. It’s for a non profit organization of the Hungarian Veterans Association. This is their logo and I’m trying to learn how to spic it up on the index page although I’m not that good with graphics and mostly a hardware person so this web thing is a learning process for me!
    Thanks again for your help and I hope you don't mind if I use it on the site?
    IP