Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it too slow?

Default Re: Is it too slow?

OK, the only comment I have is that however slow the initial logo flash is, it's far quicker than the main page load, which will probably be more annoying to most people. Good luck.

Got the file down to 19KB & with a better resolution by removing the xara generated border. Image now comprises of 5 text objects instead of original 3 + border design.

The problem I was most concerned about was the logo loading so slow that it was running on into the main flash and being superimposed over it.

Yes, I can see the difference. Do you work for Bakers? Is the whole site a customised template?

Yes been an employee at Baker's for 18 years.

Modified from the template shown in this demo...
    http://www.luckymarbletemplates.com/...y_landscaping/

Shows the original 'Welcome...' flash.
    Last edited by Telovne; 05 November 2006 at 10:06 AM.

Post Re: Is it too slow?

Telovne: very nice website! Big contrast between the overall layout and the old logo though
    Pauland: I was curious so wanted to visit your website, but it's only an e-mail link..Is this on purpose or am I missing something?
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Telovne View Post
    Yes been an employee at Baker's for 18 years.
    Well done with the website. I'm in England now, but originate from Resolven/Port Talbot, so not so far from you. Haven't lived in Wales since 1987. :-(

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    Pauland: I was curious so wanted to visit your website, but it's only an e-mail link..Is this on purpose or am I missing something?
    LOL - Marcia you aren't missing anything - that's all there is. I keep meaning to put more in but getting around to it is another matter. You're probably wondering what I do - I'm a long-time software developer. I'm gradually moving from working on software that had no user face, to building websites and web applications. I'm stuck a little between the two worlds at the moment - a bit of a jack of all trades, but probably master of none.